Sign in to follow this  
pcdj

What is the point of "trusted dealers" you can't trust?

pcdj

First of all, apologies if this should go in one of the sub-forums. And second of all, apologies if I truly am being hasty in this feedback - it's not the first time I've dealt with a replica watch supplier, but this is certainly working out to be the last for this particular dealer!

Here's my order of events...

Sales (extremely prompt replies; most the same day):

13th Nov - I email them asking for stock and pricing.

13th Nov - They email back.

13th Nov - I ask for further details and lead time.

13th Nov - I confirm acceptance and ask for payment details.

14th Nov - Paypal details provided and payment sent.

15th Nov - They confirm receipt and the fact that the watch is being ordered.

16th Nov - I ask when the watch will be in stock.

16th Nov - They confirm the watch will be in hand on 17th Nov.

Delivery:

17th Nov - I ask if the watch has been received. No response.

19th Nov - I ask if the watch has been received again.

19th Nov - They email back telling me to be patient.

22nd Nov - I ask, give I was told it would be received on the 17th, when they'll have it.

23rd Nov - They say the have my watch and send pictures. I confirm it's ok and ask when I can get it.

26th Nov - I reiterate the pictures are ok, and ask again when I can get it. No response.

27th Nov - I once again ask if my watch is on its way.

27th Nov - I'm told the watch is no good and that I should wait.

27th Nov - I ask how long they would like me to wait. No response.

30th Nov - I ask a second time how long they would like me to wait. No response.

3rd Dec - I ask a third time how much longer they would like me to wait.

3rd Dec - Reply received stating the watch is still not good and that I need to wait longer with no ETA.

7th Dec - I ask again how long they would like me to wait.

8th Dec - Reply received stating it will be sent on the 10th Dec.

17th Dec - Given I was told it would take 5-7 days for delivery, I ask where my watch is. No response.

18th Dec - I ask where my watch is again.

19th Dec - Reply received stating the watch is still not good and that I should wait.

I am at the end of my patience here. Not so much as to the length of time this is taking - sure, they've found a fault with the watch and want to rectify it before it's sent; who could argue with that - but their post-sales customer service is absolutely abysmal.

As with any vendor in it for the sales - the sales chatter is there with multiple email replies per day up until the point of monetary exchange for the product in question. Following that you go to the bottom of the pile.

And the "trusted dealer" in question? Watches international. Yes, Rochest and Mary have been the two people engaged in the above exchange.

So I ask you... have I just been extremely unlucky in this regard, or am I overreacting? I have gone with the more salubrious "non-trusted" dealers in the past (who I won't name - that's not the purpose of this thread) and have received far better service than this.

Edited by pcdj

James.

Would you rather they send you a watch you won't be happy with? We're essentially flying blind in this game, i'd prefer to wait and trust the judgement of the dealers. Yeah these things can take time. Don't forget the culture you're dealing with and the industry, it's not exactly amazon.

greg_r

If you're having a problem with a dealer, the first thing you should do is contact one of our moderators who will help find out where the problem lies and, hopefully, resolve it.

The whole point of a trusted dealer is that you CAN trust them - but things do go wrong, which is why, before posting this, you should probably have read this post (which is linked from the side bar on the board index). http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=19035

I'm going to lock this thread as these things tend to get out of hand in a hurry and I don't want our usual mob of internet warriors giving you a hard time over this ;) . Please PM one of our moderators (the guys in light blue) and we'll see what can be done to sort this out. Don't worry, mate - you'll get your watch. :)

solkryssare

PM me and I'll open the line of communication for ya :)

greg_r

Okay - WI are refunding. Problem should now be solved :)

Thread unlocked.

offshore

Gee, That was easy!

All that is really required is to ask a mod to look into things for you.

And our TD's are just that because we can have direct comms, and quickly obtain results such as this.

Good job again team.

O/S

TT88

kerosene dried up while waiting.

how about a thank you to the mod? :thumbsup:

Hazz

WI are TD's for the reasons above, they want their customers to get the correct watch, the do not hold stock and have to make numerous visits for numerous people to the factory.

Bare in mind the time difference, language difference, the amount of emails they get. OK it took a while, but they did the correct thing.

The time game is one of the natures of this hobby.

Glad it ended well,(almost) Better cash back than a bad watch.

onzenuub

Some where the OP has a point. When being asked about buying a watch the answers are very very fast. After the watch is bought not answering isn't a very friendly policy of the trusted dealer. Answers should be as fast as when buying a watch.

Electron17

My last payment to WI was on 30 November and I received my watches on Tuesday 18 December. I also had a message from Rochest that there was aproblem with one of the watches I had ordered and it was being returned to the factory. I have always had very good communication with WI and have been extremely happy with the quality of the watches I have received from them. Once I have ordered and made payment I just leave it in their capable hands to do what they do best and that is to get you the best quality watch they can. In fact it has happened twice where Rochest has said there was a problem with the watch I had ordered and I am very grateful the fault was picked up and the watches returned to the factory. This gives me confidence to order from WI again as I know that the watches will not have to be returned due to poor quality. Yes things take time but patience is the name of the game and it is best not to bother them with emails asking about progress of your order. Just give them time, at this time of the year they are very busy, and you will receive your watch in good order. A very big thank you to Mary and Rochest for all their hard work and dedication in providing us with the best rep watches possible. I my book they are the greatest.

Regards,

Jan

:thepianohasbeendrinking::q5:

Cynikal.Mindset

what model was this being ordered I wonders?

solkryssare

Long story short. WI tried, but could not find a good quality piece. They didn't want to send the crappy one the factory offered so they did a full refund. Just the way a TD should work.

gB.
Some where the OP has a point. When being asked about buying a watch the answers are very very fast. After the watch is bought not answering isn't a very friendly policy of the trusted dealer. Answers should be as fast as when buying a watch.

+1M!

vvilly69

WI were obviously acting with good intentions, it's important that they see the benefit in managing customers expectations. I suspect that if they had told this guy exactly what was happening their end.........

"We're struggling to find a good piece, don't want to send a crappy one etc etc............... give us a month or so to see what we can do" You know the sort of thing!

I'd have been happy with that, I expect he would have too?

A little honest communication goes a very long way in my experience.

Pob

I wonder what Robert will say to somebody emailing every day :)

WI did everything they should do in the situation at hand and if it was one of us that are here longer we would wait patiently! This guy emailed every day!!!

dingle

I wonder what Robert will say to somebody emailing every day :)

WI did everything they should do in the situation at hand and if it was one of us that are here longer we would wait patiently! This guy emailed every day!!!

a classic

HWG

^^^ Perfect!

Aren

OMG 26 emails for a really busy dealer to sell a watch???

Here's my order of events...

Sales (extremely prompt replies; most the same day):

13th Nov - I email them asking for stock and pricing.

13th Nov - I ask for further details and lead time.

13th Nov - I confirm acceptance and ask for payment details.

14th Nov - Paypal details provided and payment sent.

15th Nov - They confirm receipt and the fact that the watch is being ordered.

16th Nov - I ask when the watch will be in stock.

16th Nov - They confirm the watch will be in hand on 17th Nov.

Delivery:

17th Nov - I ask if the watch has been received. No response.

19th Nov - I ask if the watch has been received again.

19th Nov - They email back telling me to be patient.

22nd Nov - I ask, give I was told it would be received on the 17th, when they'll have it.

23rd Nov - They say the have my watch and send pictures. I confirm it's ok and ask when I can get it.

26th Nov - I reiterate the pictures are ok, and ask again when I can get it. No response.

27th Nov - I once again ask if my watch is on its way.

27th Nov - I'm told the watch is no good and that I should wait.

27th Nov - I ask how long they would like me to wait. No response.

30th Nov - I ask a second time how long they would like me to wait. No response.

3rd Dec - I ask a third time how much longer they would like me to wait.

3rd Dec - Reply received stating the watch is still not good and that I need to wait longer with no ETA.

7th Dec - I ask again how long they would like me to wait.

8th Dec - Reply received stating it will be sent on the 10th Dec.

17th Dec - Given I was told it would take 5-7 days for delivery, I ask where my watch is. No response.

18th Dec - I ask where my watch is again.

19th Dec - Reply received stating the watch is still not good and that I should wait.

I am at the end of my patience here.

I don't think I would have the patience to deal with someone so needy.

I always think of Robert when I see something like this.

Good Luck pcdj

Aren

I :wub: our Adm/mods and TDs and am very thankful we have them.

They work tirelessly for all of us...

When I drive around with the TDs, I sit in the back of the car and every 5 minutes I say...

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Eventually we arrive and they love me for my relentless input.

I have no doubt that my continuous repetitive pleas and demands gets me there faster, safer and surer..

:car:

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

vonGluberschmidt

I will just add, that with this dealer... I have sent SCORES of referrals to them....

and 99.999% of the time they are happy with their experience.

but I am counting the days until I pull the trigger myself to a mod with a situation that's unfolding with them.

10 days and counting.....

I hope they pull through..

I'd like to keep referring people to them.

They are pretty quick to tell you they can get item "X" and the price.... email communication after that is hit and miss.

razorblade

Patience you need in this hobby. :yoda:

boneyjr

Definitely a needy buyer, but Sellers should practice full disclosure about their inventory to avoid this kind of situation.

Luthier

Easy to explain. When customer ask for availability, dealer contact the factory, and get YES or NO. In case of YES, dealer inform the buyer, that watch is available. So, buyer pays, and THEN dealer go into the factory, or factory's office at Watch Market, and then... Oh, shit... What the fuck you're selling to me??? My customer will not be pleased!!! OK, factory will find another watch, and, possibly, also with visible flaws. Rejection again, and then the war started. Dealer require good quality, factory says Fuck off. Especially, if it's not a very big dealer. So, the process of finding the perfect watch usually starts after payment received. That's why such a delays. If you, guys, would only knows, how it work there... you'd be happy, to get flawless watch, and in time.

houndoggie

Easy to explain. When customer ask for availability, dealer contact the factory, and get YES or NO. In case of YES, dealer inform the buyer, that watch is available. So, buyer pays, and THEN dealer go into the factory, or factory's office at Watch Market, and then... Oh, shit... What the fuck you're selling to me??? My customer will not be pleased!!! OK, factory will find another watch, and, possibly, also with visible flaws. Rejection again, and then the war started. Dealer require good quality, factory says Fuck off. Especially, if it's not a very big dealer. So, the process of finding the perfect watch usually starts after payment received. That's why such a delays. If you, guys, would only knows, how it work there... you'd be happy, to get flawless watch, and in time.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

dingle

^^^^this