Sign in to follow this  
pcdj

What is the point of "trusted dealers" you can't trust?

Rustynail240

You people seem to forget the dealers are not doing this out of the goodness of their heart, they are in the business to make money.

An honest reply to the buyer in the first place could have avoided a lot of the emails, as he would have appreciated the problem of finding a good quality watch, but no, they spun him a line of bullshit and then telling him it had been sent when it was not.

jeffrx

I am personally mildly impressed that WI even takes the time to inspect the watches before sending them out. I'd rather have a flaw caught over and be taken care of than have to send it back myself and add another 2 months to the timeline.

dejavu157

I ordered from WI and I waited a couple days after I paid to get a reply ' your watch is not good, we resend for new one'. I don't worry and just wait looking for watches for my next order. A few days later they reply new watch us good and resend QC pictures. I I happily say send and after a couple days they say it's shipped. Now I wait as I understand the waiting game. If I'm lucky a week if not, I hot to wait. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. Look for another watch as you wait, it keeps u busy.

50cal

Not to piss people off but Patience is virtue. I know we want things yesterday however is it not better to wait and get a A+ watch or get a shit sent the day you ordered and be real pissed off. I remember a mate ordering a euro car with specs back in December 2011 to be told its a six mth wait then to be told its another 2 mths on top due to parts recalls.

onionbag

I've got no problem with letting someone do their job, but that doesn't really reflect the full nature of the situation described by OP (and he didn't contact the TD daily).

He was initially told the watch could be provisioned the next day - that set the expectation for this transaction.

If the rationale being provided for the TD's service (or lack there of) is:

a. They don't keep inventory; and

b. They don't know what the factory is going to give them when they show up asking for something

Then, don't provide a one day provisioning estimate. The idea itself that it is one day, as opposed to even three days or four, speaks to an implied certainty by the TD.

As to the idea that this is rep stuff, not gen, well what do you expect. Well, to me, that means I don't expect cigars and brandy served to me in a leather chair while I pick out an X thousand dollar watch. If this is a professional, who's vocation is dealing in watches, even rep watches, I expect a professional transaction. The OP is asking for honest, focused communication about a watch. For a dealer, who has probably participated in very similar communications thousands of times over the years of practicing their vocation, I don't see how language is a real barrier. He's not asking for postulations on the size of the universe or the effects of convexity on pricing bonds, he's asking about watches - something the TD should have communicated about thousands of times before.

Hello and welcome. :)

You sir, are likely to be very, very, disappointed at some point in the near future.

Dafydd57

I initially came to this as, being a newbie and having just placed my first order, the title piqued my interest. I was quite surprised to learn that the poster was having problems with WI because my order was placed with Mary and Rochest and initial communications have been exemplary, I received QC pics within 2 days of sending payment and received a further email a day later with an EMS tracking number.

I was quite worried about my order after reading the initial post but, after reading all the comments, I am even happier with my decision to purchase from WI as this thread confirms their reputation.

mulder

I ordered a watch from WI and the watch they got had a problem. I was kept informed of the problem and it delayed the sending of the watch by about a week.

In the end the watch I got was perfect.

I would prefer a late watch then a dodgy watch.

Remember too Mary gets a hell of a lot of email a day. It does take a while to reply to them all.

Planemo

I've got no problem with letting someone do their job, but that doesn't really reflect the full nature of the situation described by OP (and he didn't contact the TD daily).

He was initially told the watch could be provisioned the next day - that set the expectation for this transaction.

b. They don't know what the factory is going to give them when they show up asking for something

Then, don't provide a one day provisioning estimate. The idea itself that it is one day, as opposed to even three days or four, speaks to an implied certainty by the TD.

As to the idea that this is rep stuff, not gen, well what do you expect. Well, to me, that means I don't expect cigars and brandy served to me in a leather chair while I pick out an X thousand dollar watch. If this is a professional, who's vocation is dealing in watches, even rep watches, I expect a professional transaction. The OP is asking for honest, focused communication about a watch. For a dealer, who has probably participated in very similar communications thousands of times over the years of practicing their vocation, I don't see how language is a real barrier. He's not asking for postulations on the size of the universe or the effects of convexity on pricing bonds, he's asking about watches - something the TD should have communicated about thousands of times before.

No doubt you will get slated for this post, especially being a noob (post count is directly related to your worth on this site it appears), but I agree with you 100%, having worked much of my life in retail sales.

The only thing I would say in contrary to your post is that we mustn't forget that we are attempting to buy illegal goods here. I fully appreciate that service is service if you are paying hard cash, but the sellers effectively run the business how they want, because they can. I for one am simply happy that I can buy a fake watch in the first place, whether there be a bit of hassle to do it or not.

On one hand, I do agree that sometimes we get messed about by dealers and it appears that putting your head above the parapet to tell people about it to improve the service gets you shot down in flames but on the other we are buying stuff we shouldn't be buying. It's tricky.

onionbag

Expectations and actuality, not the same thing, please accept this as true.

<RJ>

And why the hell does it take 30 seconds to send them money, but 30 days for them to refund it?

Maybe because they don't like you : )

Last time WI could also not provide the watch i wanted this took from november 13 till i got the final reply on december 7 they could not get it also no good quality.

I got an excuse for waisting my time and money was on my pp same day.

I did sent very few mails where my watch was........i do not care actually if a deal falls through.

Watches enough, dealers enough, occasions enough.

About the same for me last time i was sourcing a BO1, was at it with rochest for some weeks (while he was running back and forth to the factory i suppose) It got longer and longer between his replies and i got tired of waiting and asked mary instead, Zom bang the money was in pp within a day and i continued with another td. That watch is arriving any day now :rolleyes:

I always begin with wi every time i need a new watch, My favorite.

bammer7

No doubt you will get slated for this post, especially being a noob (post count is directly related to your worth on this site it appears), but I agree with you 100%, having worked much of my life in retail sales.

The only thing I would say in contrary to your post is that we mustn't forget that we are attempting to buy illegal goods here. I fully appreciate that service is service if you are paying hard cash, but the sellers effectively run the business how they want, because they can. I for one am simply happy that I can buy a fake watch in the first place, whether there be a bit of hassle to do it or not.

On one hand, I do agree that sometimes we get messed about by dealers and it appears that putting your head above the parapet to tell people about it to improve the service gets you shot down in flames but on the other we are buying stuff we shouldn't be buying. It's tricky.

Hi,

Definitely recognize that these are illegal goods. That would be why my expectation going in is that I may never receive the goods, but only for the reason that they could be seized. I would also potentially realize that things could get delayed, but for the reason that operations, ahem, had to be moved. These things would be a recognition of the fact that these are illegal goods, and if in the specific transaction being discussed these situations didn't apply, then I wouldn't change my general expectations for how a "trusted dealer" should act.

Not expecting reasonable communications after a sale, and commensurate with the level of communications before the sale, to me, seems to defy the very concept of "trusted dealer".

bograt

I purchased a PO 2 days ago from WI and the service was fantastic. QC pics in 2 days and it looks great. Patience is a virtue.

Planemo

Hi,

Definitely recognize that these are illegal goods. That would be why my expectation going in is that I may never receive the goods, but only for the reason that they could be seized. I would also potentially realize that things could get delayed, but for the reason that operations, ahem, had to be moved. These things would be a recognition of the fact that these are illegal goods, and if in the specific transaction being discussed these situations didn't apply, then I wouldn't change my general expectations for how a "trusted dealer" should act.

Not expecting reasonable communications after a sale, and commensurate ok with the level of communications before the sale, to me, seems to defy the very concept of "trusted dealer".

Yep, have to agree you there as well. I mentioned the legal side of it but in fact it shouldnt change anything as you say. There are enough traders out there to provide enough competition for a decent service. I do genuinely believe that the TD's are good people, but there has been more than a few reports of communication going awry after money gets transferred. If a customer mentions it, on the forum, they get flamed, so the issues stay. Likewise, there are buyers who expect too much, but I see no reason why these cant be whittled out rather than having a pop at every single customer who raises any kind kind of issue with a TD.

greg_r

This thread has lost its way rather, so it's being locked.

These issues are indeed raised with the dealers by board staff and, if they can't get it right, ultimately it leads to probation or their trusted status being removed (as those who have been with us for a while will know as we've done it more than once).