Sign in to follow this  
pcdj

What is the point of "trusted dealers" you can't trust?

zastavno

Just ordered from Mary and Rochest 2 days ago. Ordered the Omega 42m Christmas special with the black and orange IWC added bonus!

I try not to annoy them with my emails as that will only piss them off.

Give them the benefit of the doubt and let them do their job; I mean common look at their reviews and feedback!

-Zastavno

Vlad

tesmith2112

Same thing has happened to me with WI. I personally like them to ensure the watch is good, rather than send me something I'm not happy about.

Killasam

I agree with original poster to an extent, just because we are buying reps and paying less then gen and they are in china does not mean communication should slow down once the money has changed hands, if they are that busy and the translation is a problem fair enough, but I find it hard to believe they understand perfectly until they have the money.

Personally I like WI and they are the only ones I order from, but do not agree with members saying this is a fair way to be treated and OP did say he is happy to wait but he needs honesty and consistent response times.

I know this is resolved, but felt my point needed to be said :)

jeffw69
I agree with original poster to an extent, just because we are buying reps and paying less then gen and they are in china does not mean communication should slow down once the money has changed hands, if they are that busy and the translation is a problem fair enough, but I find it hard to believe they understand perfectly until they have the money.

Personally I like WI and they are the only ones I order from, but do not agree with members saying this is a fair way to be treated and OP did say he is happy to wait but he needs honesty and consistent response times.

Thanks. I was wondering what you thought about this.

Killasam

Thanks, I was wondering what you thought about what I thought about this...

Dick! ;)

houndoggie

:lmao2:

jeffw69
:rofl::wub: ya!

Luthier

:rofl:

Recently I promised to kill for Jeff..

So... Kill Assam!!!

:D

Oh, stop... Assam is my favorite tea...

:rofl:

myaz

Topic title is a misnomer: WI can be trusted implicitly.

I have ordered and received many, many top reps from WI. They respond quickly, but yes, they can be slow at other times and rarely, they don't respond at all so I have had to resend 5-7 days later. However, one can feel in the correspondence that Mary and Rochest are nice people trying to do their best. Luthier has mentionned they get tons of e-mails so it's easy for them to space one now and then.

I have learned to just cut them slack and they come through in the end.

mdterps

The point is, e-mails come fast and furious from the dealers when they're trying to make the sale but mysteriously slow down to a trickle when there are problems. Hey, shit happens. We understand it's the nature of the business but they could all save themselves some trouble and bad feedback by taking 30 seconds to respond honestly when there are problems. You shouldn't have to threaten to post negative feedback or get a moderator involved to get a reply.

And why the hell does it take 30 seconds to send them money, but 30 days for them to refund it?

LightGeek
I wonder what Robert will say to somebody emailing every day :)

WI did everything they should do in the situation at hand and if it was one of us that are here longer we would wait patiently! This guy emailed every day!!!

We know what MR would say :)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

markeym3

After you have bought a few the patience sets in ,, these guys are busy so when I pay I just wait no problem ,, dealers like Mary and Rochest always come up with the goods

dingle

And why the hell does it take 30 seconds to send them money, but 30 days for them to refund it?

I could be wrong here but methinks it goes something like this:

let's say you pay the dealer via PP. I am sure this account is NOT linked to their bank as any PP dispute would cause chaos.

The dealer then transfer the funds to another account and eventually to one that is linked to their bank. If they are like me they do the transfer as soon as the payment is made.

Once the money is in their bank account, it is the bank's requirement to wait 30 days before they will transfer funds back to PP.

once again, this is my opinion on how it works.

onzenuub

I could be wrong here but methinks it goes something like this:

let's say you pay the dealer via PP. I am sure this account is NOT linked to their bank as any PP dispute would cause chaos.

The dealer then transfer the funds to another account and eventually to one that is linked to their bank. If they are like me they do the transfer as soon as the payment is made.

Once the money is in their bank account, it is the bank's requirement to wait 30 days before they will transfer funds back to PP.

once again, this is my opinion on how it works.

Your opinion?

Luthier

That's exactly, how it works.

onzenuub

That's exactly, how it works.

If that's so, it's just as easy for them to tell how it works.

sardonix

Maybe because they don't like you : )

Last time WI could also not provide the watch i wanted this took from november 13 till i got the final reply on december 7 they could not get it also no good quality.

I got an excuse for waisting my time and money was on my pp same day.

I did sent very few mails where my watch was........i do not care actualy if a deal falls through.

Watches enough, dealers enough, occasions enough.

Chavezzito

I just don´t get why people still believe that we are doing business with AD´s...it´s easy, read feedbacks and threads like this, if you are not up to play the waiting game then move on. It ain´t a secret that it takes a long time for some dealers it takes a longer time, with WI at least you get a real quality control.

That being said I do not buy from them just because of the loooooooong wait :)

Bash64

I wonder what Robert will say to somebody emailing every day :)

WI did everything they should do in the situation at hand and if it was one of us that are here longer we would wait patiently! This guy emailed every day!!!

For a noob to the system, who is nervous about their money being taken, you cannot blame them. My first watch order I wanted to send something every day - the only thing holding me back was reading the plethora of posts reminding everyone to relax. Trust takes time to build and it does not exist on the first order.

Now I can place an order and basically forget about it. I am surprised to see QC pics (oh yeah, I ordered that) and I am syrprised to find a watch in the mail (there is always something in the mail). I now trust that everything will be okay and that timelines are not predictable.

New people will need lots of reassurance here as none of this stuff works this way in any other areas of our lives.

I take that back. I had teenagers once and that too seemed to be a never ending debacle. Also very hard to chill out during that whole process. :lolcina:

arancini

Quality result brought about by the Moderators.

At least the TD did the right thing at the end of the day.

Good to know if the proverbial hits the fan, the RWG Mods can help sort things out.

myaz

For a noob to the system, who is nervous about their money being taken, you cannot blame them. My first watch order I wanted to send something every day - the only thing holding me back was reading the plethora of posts reminding everyone to relax. Trust takes time to build and it does not exist on the first order.

Now I can place an order and basically forget about it.

+1. How very true.

TyLoper

Patience my friend, these are very small operations which are FLOODED with posts, emails, conformations, problems, appended orders, customs concerns, ordering phone calls, and package shipments etc. I was tempted to do the same as you and post "WTF!?" but the experienced individuals which are members like you and I guided me to reflect and practice patience. I placed an order on the December 4th, I've waited and panicked etc, but, MY WATCH SHIPPED 3 DAYS AGO (WITH TRACKING NUMBER), and I am still Freaking out and waiting, just putting faith in the system, and the knowledge of information and experience of members here & the TD list. (((Humongous run-on sentence))). It will arrive when it arrives my friend, I am not the YODA of the RWG or anything, just a NOOB who has had a few drinks and isi willing to share his experience and feelings about the anxiety of waiting for his (first watch) order. I hope when your watch arrives (and it WILL) you gratuitously post pictures and (if you do like the watch) comment on the dealers feedback page positively

bammer7

I've got no problem with letting someone do their job, but that doesn't really reflect the full nature of the situation described by OP (and he didn't contact the TD daily).

He was initially told the watch could be provisioned the next day - that set the expectation for this transaction.

If the rationale being provided for the TD's service (or lack there of) is:

a. They don't keep inventory; and

b. They don't know what the factory is going to give them when they show up asking for something

Then, don't provide a one day provisioning estimate. The idea itself that it is one day, as opposed to even three days or four, speaks to an implied certainty by the TD.

As to the idea that this is rep stuff, not gen, well what do you expect. Well, to me, that means I don't expect cigars and brandy served to me in a leather chair while I pick out an X thousand dollar watch. If this is a professional, who's vocation is dealing in watches, even rep watches, I expect a professional transaction. The OP is asking for honest, focused communication about a watch. For a dealer, who has probably participated in very similar communications thousands of times over the years of practicing their vocation, I don't see how language is a real barrier. He's not asking for postulations on the size of the universe or the effects of convexity on pricing bonds, he's asking about watches - something the TD should have communicated about thousands of times before.

Dendo

My first order took about 8 weeks to arrive - it had problems also - but what the F$%^K these are reps from TDs and not gens from ADs. I never check tracking now - useless thing really - what you need is a thick skin, somethign to keep you busy (stressful job or a wild wife will do) and lots of patience - or you need a lot of money and a friendly AD who will deliver next day for a hefty price.

hnic

ive had very good experiences with wi

i can imagine the op wasnt very happy in this situation

patience is hard