Sign in to follow this  
hawks322

IWC Top Gun Buying Help

hawks322

Hello Everyone,

I've been looking around for an IWC Top Gun, and have been browsing through all of the trusted dealer's sites...On Silix's website, I found a version in the high end section as well as the economy section. It appears that the main difference between the two is that the cheaper one uses a quartz movement. I really don't mind the quartz movement, as I really just want the watch because I like the way it looks. So my main question is: are there any downsides to buying the economy version vs. the more expensive one, other than the movement? As far as the looks of the watch go, there are some minor differences (one main one is some of the numbering), but this is something I can live with, as long as the main features of the watch show a good resemblence. Any insight that anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Also here's the link to the "economy" version from Silix:

http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_261&products_id=4571

12lurk

Buy the economy.

onionbag

Hello and welcome.

Buy the best you can afford, you'll only buy twice if that's a watch you really want. :)

arancini

Hello and welcome.

Buy the best you can afford, you'll only buy twice if that's a watch you really want. :)

Agree with this.

Just sold one of these in Member Sales so keep an eye there as well, you may get lucky.

Toro sells an excellent version of the Top Gun.

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=56_133&product_id=531

hawks322

Thank you everyone for your quick responses...

Happy Holidays