Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

HELP!!! Can this be fixed in time for Xmas and save me from wife beating!

scorpion

So far I have resisted the trip to the freezer. I am very tempted but I can live with the few bits of digits missing as its not very noticeable as its only the 2nd from last that has 2 segments out and this is for spilt seconds. My pain was eased by the fact it was only cheap and now the TD has promised me a $25 refund. I might try givng the rubber contact strips a clean but may leave it till it needs a new battery as its not simple to get at due to its multi layered construction due to dual displays.

onionbag

Stick it in the freezer.....go on.

scorpion

Ah yes, the freezer trick for car radios............I used to take the back off whilst they were still live and run a screwdriver up and down the terminals of the central 'chip', this would input random numbers into the display and quite often would cough out the code. :)

But where did these code less radios come from ? :giggle:

Tssssk............. I got them from a man in the pub, all above board, where he got them from is another matter of course. ;)

NO TELLING :Whistle: :Whistle: :Whistle:

Tsk - back the day eh...old school electronics and mechanics on cars, I remember well the half a tennis ball to open a cars central door locking trick!

964boy

Ah yes, the freezer trick for car radios............I used to take the back off whilst they were still live and run a screwdriver up and down the terminals of the central 'chip', this would input random numbers into the display and quite often would cough out the code. :)

But where did these code less radios come from ? :giggle:

Tssssk............. I got them from a man in the pub, all above board, where he got them from is another matter of course. ;)

NO TELLING :Whistle: :Whistle: :Whistle:

Tsk - back the day eh...old school electronics and mechanics on cars, I remember well the half a tennis ball to open a cars central door locking trick!

Yip, the digital age has killed a host of old school skills :giggle: