Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

Still alive

RolexAddict

Hello Folks !

I was tired from boards and needed to stay away for a while. Also I am really busy with lot of other hobbies and work

So I have seen lights, I am coming arround and give some news ;) Now, having a little more time I will try to finish what I scheduled like ETA 2836-1, 2, 2834 etc. disassembling/servicing and A7750 update as I fall into a Daytonamania -vintage, I precise-

All my modern Rolex are sold expect an Explorer and a Sub LV (Beginmariner with a 2836 replacement inside). They will be for sale one of these days as in fact, I don't like Rolex modern watches -they are to big, to shinny and have a vulgar side- imho, no offence to any member here, its just me.

GMT 1675 research and mod is just in standby, right now, as in fact its very complicated to get something accuracy for cheap prices :fishing: All GMT vintage from dealers are vrong. Vrong case markings (most of the time they use the Sub 5513 case and bezel) vrong dial, vrong plexi etc. I modded and have sold a few in Paris, scamming posers. Right now I have 4 pieces which are -approximatively correct-. still need to work on. Sources to get accurate parts exist, but its expensive.

On another side I can get here a gen 16750, early production, for 2500 euros in perfect condition, full set -box and papers. Same for Sub 5513 in perfect conditions with plexi dome etc. for 3000 euros. So why to invest money and time in gen parts to finally... stay with a rep

But, I noticed that the only very accurate Rolex vintage reps you can get for reasonable price are the cosmographs. Pre-Daytonas and Daytona 6263...series. The look is unique and gens are at unaffordable prices.

I think about Spinmaster DW's and now the new source : DIY parts. Even these sold by Josh and Andrew, vrong case, but good movements with full chrono fonction and accurate bracelets. Some of these have very EXCELLENT dials

I will lauch asap -hope tonight or tomorrow- a DIY parts review, this is not yet complete. Then the ETA movements, need still more pics, but I need more time, and also A7750 updates and more about Daytonas vintage

:morebeer: :morebeer: :morebeer:

trailboss99

Great to see you around again mate, we missed you.

Awaiting with intrest the arival of that DW case set.

I thought you had retired?

Col.

JohnG

Dude, what the fuck, you can't just leave like that.

;)

NFleischer

yes good to see you again.

'rolex to big (and shiney)'- i doubt greg would agree with that.

RolexAddict
Great to see you around again mate, we missed you.

Awaiting with intrest the arival of that DW case set.

I thought you had retired?

Col.

Yes, but I write for a magazine and I have training right now on a Lear35 for a private operator, also guns shooting and looking girls...

so busy

trailboss99

Lear35? Ooooo! Pocket rocket! Make a change from heavies.

Col.

KinCaidk

Nice to see you around, RA.

;)

Member X

Welcome back! Sounds like you have some interesting plans :fishing:;)

Massimo

Good to see you back, looking forward to hearing more about the upcoming RA projects.

SliceMaster

The french Maestro is back....sweet ;):fishing:

RolexAddict
Lear35? Ooooo! Pocket rocket! Make a change from heavies.

Col.

yes, you are sitting on a welding torch... climb rate until 8000ft/m, cruise at 50000ft...

different from Boeing tractors, also no pipi room and only 3 feet high in the cabin

will start the job in june, before I need vacations, see, sun and good Asian food

greg_r

Good to see you posting again, RA ;)

sconehead

Good to see you again...we need more tech content mate...;)

dingle
Good to see you again...we need more tech content mate...:(

+1 *cough*