Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

Pam 360 6497 stem problem

kolchak

I know this topics been flogged many times but I can't find a totu to fix my problem.

the crown on my 360 stopped "clicking" back in place after setting time & took much fiddling to get into winding position.

I removed the CG and crown/stem just pops in & out. Tried tinkering with the set screw but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I assume the stem is too long or short...maybe shave a wee bit off?

TY

Silverspeed

sounds like a loose setting lever screw, also used to remove the stem. Not uncommon for a 6497

kolchak

thanks Silver - I reviewed that thread before attempting the repair & adjusting set screw didn't matter.

After some additional fiddling with placement of stem & a sharper screw driver it's fixed.

thanks again!

offshore

After some additional fiddling with placement of stem &a sharper screw driver it's fixed.

There you go! Sub standard screwdrivers are the major issue for most watch repairers!

GOOD screwdrivers, SHARPENED regularly - are the answer!

Offshore

kolchak

After some additional fiddling with placement of stem &a sharper screw driver it's fixed.

There you go! Sub standard screwdrivers are the major issue for most watch repairers!

Offshore

do you have a recommended sharpening method O.S.? got a little too aggressive and destroyed one

Dendo

Offshore

Can not be overstated. Good quality screwdrivers are a must.

Bob Reed

They make a guide for keeping them sharp. I have one on order. Oh and congratulations on your first success.. Want to take a look at a certain AP Diver? lol

kolchak

They make a guide for keeping them sharp. I have one on order. Oh and congratulations on your first success.. Want to take a look at a certain AP Diver? lol

I'm sure it looks as good as new Bob. That's a repair I couldn't do regardless tool sharpness - thanks!