Sign in to follow this  
Stoaty

What is the most accurate Tourbillon replica watch?.

BigDee62
The simple dial jlc tourbillion has ceased production :( at least this is what pure time told me.

Nah I just can't believe that, much too popular. Just got mine about a month ago.

Gotta say, though, the Breguet is stunning in person, pics don't do it justice. Got my fingers crossed I get mine back from service sometime in January, then I can do side-by-side shots. Even then the JLC might look better in pics - it IS beautiful, no doubt, but the Breguet radiates quality. If I was buying it today I'd definitely get the new auto version.

Stoaty

This has turned into a nice little thread. At the moment I am going with the Breguet. Although I am not mad keen on the Tourbillon moment in it.

BigDee62

Both movements are nice in their own way. The JLC seems just a little 'smoother' in a way I'll have difficulty describing, but the Breguet movement is nicer than it appears in the photos - and it more closely resembles the movement of the gen.

Then, if you cough up the cash for the new version, it's also just about the nicest looking tourby rep from the backside. It's true, most tourby reps don't look so great from the back.

yawn
The simple dial jlc tourbillion has ceased production :( at least this is what pure time told me.

Nah I just can't believe that, much too popular. Just got mine about a month ago.

Gotta say, though, the Breguet is stunning in person, pics don't do it justice. Got my fingers crossed I get mine back from service sometime in January, then I can do side-by-side shots. Even then the JLC might look better in pics - it IS beautiful, no doubt, but the Breguet radiates quality. If I was buying it today I'd definitely get the new auto version.

Just received email confirmation from toro, seem the watch is still available, bastard at puretime lied to me.

BigDee62

Interesting recent article regarding Chinese tourbis in FORBES,

The Eroding Exclusivity Of The Tourbillon Watch

Thanks for posting! That Lange at the top of the article is stunning. The Memorigin, OTOH ... whew, shield your eyes, that thing is nasty, not the best example of up-and-coming Chinese watch artistry.

JDCKent

I'm just curious about the movement that's hanin' out in the auto Breguet tourby. The only automatic tourbillon movement I knew of being used in reps is the Guangzhou/ GuangDong (Dixmont) DG8101, with a higher placement of the hand shaft, and flying (no bridge). From the front, it looks more like a Shanghai (classic). Is this a newer Shanghai movement? Anyone know?

Again, here's the watch in question: http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=10305

BigDee62

I'm just curious about the movement that's hangin' out in the auto Breguet tourby. The only automatic tourbillon movement I knew of being used in reps is the Guangzhou/ GuangDong (Dixmont) DG8101, with a higher placement of the hand shaft, and flying (no bridge). From the front, it looks more like a Shanghai (classic). Is this a newer Shanghai movement?

It's the Shanghai F-8. Apparently it's been out for about 3 years but this is the first I've seen it.

cuddilyteddy

Tourbies are the one thing that I really do prefer in a gen. Not that they are bad in reps, it is just that for me if the tourbie is nice, the case back is much more closed, and in the gens they have the ability to have both. May have to do some saving followed immediately by some serious spending.

BigDee62

We'll have to see some pics of that, fo sure! Wonder if we have any gen tourbies on this forum?

omni

Wonder if we have any gen tourbies on this forum?

There probably are quite a few members who bought the gen. "unbranded" tourbis with the Liaoning 5010 from Josh, Andrew, King and Homer back in 2009 for around $500, not sure if any members are crossed referenced but here's the thread over at .cc. http://www.rwgforum....on-reliability/ Seems all stopped selling the gen. unbranded tourbis. I originally bought a Breguet rep. ST80 back in 2006 but donated it to an auction. Have had an unbranded ST80 Skeleton since 2007. The movement back looks as ornate as the front (link to same but not mine) and the reliability over 5 years has been excellent.

aryajet

When you say a RWG Tourby you mean this forum is making a Tourby or there is a brand that my NOOBness cant decipher?

omni

When you say a RWG Tourby you mean this forum is making a Tourby or there is a brand that my NOOBness cant decipher?

George is either thinking about it or already in the process, I think he mentioned in this thread that he had already ordered the ST8000 movements.

aryajet

So RWG is in reference to this Forum and not a specific watch brand??

Dendo

Yeah George I believe has polled opinion and is going for a hand wound tourby rather than an automatic.

So RWG is in reference to this Forum and not a specific watch brand??

yes

JDCKent
I'm just curious about the movement that's hangin' out in the auto Breguet tourby. The only automatic tourbillon movement I knew of being used in reps is the Guangzhou/ GuangDong (Dixmont) DG8101, with a higher placement of the hand shaft, and flying (no bridge). From the front, it looks more like a Shanghai (classic). Is this a newer Shanghai movement?
It's the Shanghai F-8. Apparently it's been out for about 3 years but this is the first I've seen it.

Looks like a great movement. I would assume probably about the best tourby movement you can get in a rep? Do you know if the specs are the same as the classic (60+ hr. pwr. res., 21,600 bph, etc...), aside from being an auto?

JDCKent

Tourbies are the one thing that I really do prefer in a gen. Not that they are bad in reps, it is just that for me if the tourbie is nice, the case back is much more closed, and in the gens they have the ability to have both. May have to do some saving followed immediately by some serious spending.

I probably would too, if only there was at least one Chinese tourby gen watch I liked the looks of.

JDCKent
Yeah, this Breguet certainly has to be one of the closest tourby reps to its gen:

Gen: http://www.prestiget...7ba~12~9v6.html

Rep: http://www.ttw168.co...oducts_id=10305

I know now what I'm saving my money for!

And you'll save $100k!

123K, to be exact. I should have that saved up by the time I'm... 95. :unsure: Na, think I'll just buy the rep instead!

JDCKent

JLC.

But you better save money for RWG tourbillon watch. Best movement, and... gen!

:D

So, Luth, it's gonna have the F-8??? :D

Edited by JDCKent

LightGeek
For me the Breguet is accurate but not that pretty.

Now this is pretty.

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

Oh my fricking gosh!

Ok off to Mary...

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this post.

DR3M3L

And handwind :D

Corv99
For me the Breguet is accurate but not that pretty.

Now this is pretty.

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

Oh my fricking gosh!

Ok off to Mary...

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this post.

Way ahead of you!! Lol

Corv99

Saw this very one yesterday!

Gotta be done!