Sign in to follow this  
toehh

Gen Hamilton jazzmaster chronograph

toehh

Received my GEN Hamilton jazzmaster about a month ago. This is my first swiss automatic gen.

Although it is a really nice watch I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the quality.

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton's quality is great but it didn't feel very different from my high end reps.

IMG_0794.png

dalboy

1 pic !!

Is that it.....oh come on need to see more. :giggle:

Dal..

Corv99

hows the strap?

it looks pretty good

seclark007

Far too little info here... What about the quality did you find lacking?

I've had my eye on a couple of Hammies myself, so this is the root of my curiosity.

Luthier

I wouldn't say word "Swiss", mate...

Dendo

Originally, Lancaster county Pennsylvania - now owned by Swatch.

Not bad prices for gen ETA movements.

onionbag

I fancy a Pan Europ myself........£1200 or so...

7977269818_6543e61176.jpg

Hamilton Pan Europ (11) by Chisholm Maggs, on Flickr

Or would I be better off with a Sturmanskie Poljot Okeah?

toehh

Ok let me explain. Like I said I don't find the quality of the hamilton lacking but it didn't feel any different from i.e. my pam 253.

This says more about reps then this hamilton. The conclusion of this is actually that gens are not really for me.

The strap is fine and comparable with my croc from TWB. It's soft and has a nice pattern. The deployant is really good and I like this more then the panerai deployant.

The movement feels nice but again not very different from my A7750's. The only thing I really don't like about this watch is the AR, it hasn't got any :P I believe.

Litterally everything reflects in this crystal.

I think I will be selling it soon to a friend of mine who is really in love with this watch. I expected to be in love with it too but I really am not. I wish I was but I'm not.

I can't justify this to 3 reps for the same dough.

Cheers

toehh

Oh and I will add a 360 rotating pic sooooon :)

cvp3

381941d1296574565-first-hammy-khaki-action-twilight-questions-hamilton-h62515793.jpg

437677d1305647429-fs-hamilton-twilight-including-both-leather-strap-ss-poly-bracelet-twighligny-strap-003.jpg

Love my twilight. As you an see I sent this picture from the future.

Burnleybezel

Conclusion Hamiltons suck.....

Na the American Rolex makes a nice dress watch.

B.B

Dendo
505815d1314994916-hamilton-jazzmaster-maestro-vs-iwc-portuguese-portchrono2web.jpg505813d1314994620-hamilton-jazzmaster-maestro-vs-iwc-portuguese-h32576515_nero.jpg

Dendo

505815d1314994916-hamilton-jazzmaster-maestro-vs-iwc-portuguese-portchrono2web.jpg505812d1314994552-hamilton-jazzmaster-maestro-vs-iwc-portuguese-iwcportuguese_front6.jpg505813d1314994620-hamilton-jazzmaster-maestro-vs-iwc-portuguese-h32576515_nero.jpg

I love the look of all of these - but the IWC with gold hands and the Hamy are similar - Hamilton are a rep company after all :lol:

seclark007

this is what I was looking at:

851836d1350591936-dress-watch-casually-dive-watch-formally-business-casual-actually-king2.jpg

What's not to love?

daymeeyan

I have a Hamilton Flight Timer and actually use it for its functions. Their pilot line is really cool and unique.

cvp3

Haters gotta hate.........poor Hammy.

toehh

Don't bitch on hamilton :P it's not their fault reps are so goddamn good. No honestly, Hamilton is great but I just don't feel the love right now

Starlight

381941d1296574565-first-hammy-khaki-action-twilight-questions-hamilton-h62515793.jpg

437677d1305647429-fs-hamilton-twilight-including-both-leather-strap-ss-poly-bracelet-twighligny-strap-003.jpg

Love my twilight. As you an see I sent this picture from the future.

Wow. This is nice. I like this.

I'm super keen on the Hamiltons and the Glycine, I've been umming and aaahing between them until I can convince the wife to let me have my Omega.

But this is cool.

adz25

I think that for the money, the jazzmaster is a nice gen watch. Not a lot of options in that price range with a decent movement. Lots of crappier watches with quartz going for more money. I like it!