Sign in to follow this  
projectologist

Case set is done for my 005 project...

projectologist

The gen dial was just a hair too tight of a fit, so I turned the inside of the recessed area under the rehaut. Opened it up a couple of thousandths so there isn't a risk of chipping the dial's edge when installing dial and movement.

Then I re-polished the entire case giving it a little deeper mirror finish as it comes from OP. Flattened the cg pin and smoothed the pin holding the roller bearing in place. The lever tip still needs to be shortened a little.

Hont sells just the case sets minus case backs. Case backs, dials, hands and movements can be bought separately. Nice not to have to buy a complet V3 Noob watch to upgrade an H factory watch like the 390.

iPhone and Snapseed...

005dial02.jpg

005dial04.jpg

005dial03.jpg

Edited by projectologist

Kal-el

Genius!! Respect...

HeavyKrush

Wow, looks great. Can't wait to see the final results.

projectologist

Thanks guys for the nice words. I think I may have gone from passion to obsession with this project LOL.

jeffw69

Nice! It's a fine line between passion and obsession.

onionbag

Very nice work............pics of your lathe perhaps?

Baz1872

Looks great, nice work!

projectologist
Very nice work............pics of your lathe perhaps?

I have this pic taken the day I picked it up. Needed a lot of clean up and re-alignment. The chuck will take up to 3". Sherlines are great for small projects.

Next purchase is a 4-jaw chuck, a set of watchmaker's quality collets and a sturdier tool post.

lathe01.jpg

Edited by projectologist

onionbag

Excellent wee set-up you have there.............I'd show you a picture of mine but with 6.5M bed and 1M swing, it's not really germaine. :D

projectologist
Excellent, wee set-up you have there.............I'd show you a picture of mine but with 6.5M bed and 1M swing, it's not really germaine. :D

BAM!

I really wish I knew enough about machining to work with a setup like yours. One can dream.

onionbag
Excellent, wee set-up you have there.............I'd show you a picture of mine but with 6.5M bed and 1M swing, it's not really germaine. :D

BAM!

I really wish I knew enough about machining to work with a setup like yours. One can dream.

The principles are exactly the same, a good set up, sharp tools and accurate metrology.

projectologist

BAM!

The principles are exactly the same, a good set up, sharp tools and accurate metrology.

I guess, but for me it's all been learning by trial and error, and when all else fails look at the shop manual :)