Sign in to follow this  
drreza

Hello from Sweden

drreza

Hi guys, I am very happy to come across this wonderfully informed forum. I have a question for you. If I am to buy a rep, which make/model/brand is more likely to be true to the gen? Are some models easier to replicate?

There is a list of trusted sellers. I am on my behalf very interested in Rolex GMT Master ii (

116713LN).

Now do all the trusted sellers sell similar reps, when it comes to being true to the original? And is it worth the extra money to get swiss ETA instead of asian?

Luthier

Welcome to the Forum!

You have to spend a week or two, reading our threads and educate yourself. Then you'll know much more about replicas and the dealers. Each of us have it's own opinions, what reps are closer to gen, but you shouldn't expect 1:1 replicas, just doesn't exist.

Start reading now.

:D

Edited by Luthier

Nilas

Welcome and enjoy.

Välkommen. Kul med fler landsmän på forumet.

onzenuub

Welcome from The Netherlands, enjoy being here. In general a lot of the reps are the same.

dalboy

Hi and Welcome to the forum..

Read plenty..and study before you order

Dal......

Balad1

Welcome and Aloha from Hawaii.

I would recommend Narikaa and Toro Bravo.

If they don't list what you want, they can get it, PM them.

If you are concerned with being closest to the gen, the rule of thumb is to buy the most expensive version of the rep you want..

Baz1872

Hi and welcome to the forum. Lots of great stuff to read up on and always remember to use the search button.

slask111

Välkommen!

read, read, read. Welcome to the wonderful world of watches. Prepare to spend most of your free time here. And prepare that ppl will slap you if you ask "who has the best sub" ;)

KrakDrazh

Välkommen och god jul!

Read all the 101 threads about the basics and make use of the search function, and read some more!

And remember, dealers only sell. They buy the watches so all of them should have been able, to get the same ones. Don't order and pay before you ask the td if they can get the version you want (since it might not be produced by factory at the moment).

Deesa

Welcome!

Kul med fler svenskar :) God fortsättning!

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG. Merry Christmas. All the good advise has already been given, read lots. I have GMT II from Watch International and am very happy with it. When a watch is by its self you cannot tell the flaws in it, it is only when it is next to a gen or better rep that you will be able to tell the difference. Most of my watches have the Asian clone and work very well with smooth sweep so I would sugest to get this movement. Besides you will never know if it is a Swiss or not as most people never look at the movement and those that do probably could not tell the difference. Besides you can take the extra cost of a Swiss and put it towards another watch. Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jan

digger2

Välkommen!

Pob

Welcome ;)

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

Nilas

Välkommen!

Enjoy and have fun.