Sign in to follow this  
chiefsalami

Watch winder for Breitling

chiefsalami

I just bought an automatic watch winder for my Breitling SA, with the ETA 7750 movement in it. The winder rotates (only) clockwise for 1 minute, then stops for 4 minutes and repeats. I've read about certain watches needing particular winder types due to the movements, and just wanted to make sure that keeping my watch on this winder whenever I'm not wearing it is not going to be a problem for it. No overwinding or incorrectly winding?

It's also a dual watch winder, but due to the large sizes of the SAs (48.5mm) if I put two of them in there, one will have to be put in backwards, with the crowns and pushers of each watch facing away from each other. The two pockets and pillows for the winder are too close together to put both watches in facing the correct way. Is it going to be a problem that one watch will be wound in the opposite direction?

greg_r

The winder wont do any harm, although some winders seem unable to wind 7750s. Only way to find out is to try it. Assuming that both watches are mounted on the same turntable (rather than rotating independently) then having one upside down will not cause a problem.

KBH

Actually, I believe the 7750 only winds in one direction. Make sure you're going the right direction.

Also, I find a 7750 will not stay wound for more than about 5 days on mine, even on the higest setting.