Sign in to follow this  
credo325

First Replica... So Called UPO

credo325

I took the gamble and I got myself first replica watch. After being such a Bond fan for so long and day dreaming of one day owning an Omega Planet Ocean, after reading some good review of Trusty Time, I got the new UPO in 42m without the happy feet.

So I waited two weeks and I got the watch... At first I was over the moon. It felt strong and solid, very nice looking. I first noticed that the band wasn't as firm as I would have liked, and it felt a bit tinny. A little loose. But I could live with that. It looked great on the wrist and the movement was very nice. I opened it up to see if the movement was the ETA he promised, and low and behold, it was. So far so good. However... First problem happened with the crown... It didn't wind down smoothly and now, it does not lock at all. Also the clasp is uneven once closed.

If it wasnt for the crown and even with the clasp, I would be happy. But this crown issue is really annoying and I have taken it too a few watch places and no one will touch it too fix it.

I am not really happy with how this has gone down and I really don't feel like I have gotten a good deal here at $325 for the so called Ultimate Planet Ocean.

Del

Did you speak to Trusty Time about it? Maybe they will repair it for you.

If you'd used one of our forum Trusted Dealers then we could've taken this up for you but unfortunately TT is not one of them.

credo325

I have emailed him about it, but it's another $20 to send it back to him and after only 1 week and already a broken crown. I am not really impressed at all.

jeffw69

Don't let this discourage you.

It happens in the rep world.

I had a watch arrive DOA once and another that quit working after 1 day.

Unfortunately, it's part of the game.

credo325

It's just sad because it was a lot of money for me :(

jeffw69
It's just sad because it was a lot of money for me :(

Alright, then spend the 20 bucks and send it back.

Burnleybezel

I'm sorry to hear this, I know another person this happened to with a PO.

I must say it's a little tricky on mine also to screw down.

It may be a better move to send to one of our trusted service guys?

Wiz is in Europe and 10:10 North America.

Then get T.T to pay towards the cost?

B.B

James.

Trust me, you'd be more pissed if the same were to happen and it were gen.

Burnleybezel

Since your in Oz, there may be some watch repair places our Mods/Admins may know of..

B.B

Member X

Sometimes the crown / tube threads strip on reps. Don't buy an SOHv2 if you strip crowns with ease!!

If you have a watch with delicate crown threads that you need to screw the crown in on, push it in and turn it towards you, i.e. 'backwards' - you will feel it 'jump' to the next thread in, then you can rotate it away from you to screw it down. This way you find the end of the thread and screw the crown down without mashing it up.

trailboss99

The good news is that you can get the gen crown and tube for these but it will be a lot cheaper to simply send it back to TT.

LightGeek
Trust me, you'd be more pissed if the same were to happen and it were gen.

Nah, then you'd have a large multinational conglomerate to yell at and take action :)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this post.

BaggyPants

Same happened to my v5 PO 42mm on the day I received it from Toro Bravo. Bit the bullet, bought genuine crown and tube from cousinsuk (£30 inc Special Delivery postage) and Wiz is charging me about an extra 45 Euros to fit them while he relumes, regulates and waterproofs it. It's not cheap, but it's worth it for a permanent fix. I have no idea if Toro will put anything towards the fix, but I will ask him to contribute a little :)

watchnerd

for the gen crown and tube i need to do that but i dont know the case number and everything form my watch i have the same Po 42

watchnerd

Same happened to my v5 PO 42mm on the day I received it from Toro Bravo. Bit the bullet, bought genuine crown and tube from cousinsuk (£30 inc Special Delivery postage) and Wiz is charging me about an extra 45 Euros to fit them while he relumes, regulates and waterproofs it. It's not cheap, but it's worth it for a permanent fix. I have no idea if Toro will put anything towards the fix, but I will ask him to contribute a little :)

hi what was the case number for the watch and did you buy the pedant tube and crown or just pendant tube

watchnerd

did you get the crown and tube or just crown

BaggyPants

Answered above ^

Frankt8242

The most commonly abused letter in the alphabet amongst rep fanatics is "U".......Particularly when used in conjunction with the letters "PO"..... :giggle: :giggle:

ambroseh

my crown and stem came completely out when i tried changing the date/time..

flyr

my crown and stem came completely out when i tried changing the date/time..

It sounds like you have a keyless works problem not a crown and tube problem.

Take the back off and press the stem release lightly with a small screwdriver while pushing and turning the inserted stem.

Good luck!

Libertatia

Get the parts, send it to wiz. It will cost you in total £80? Thats worth it, you're insuring that part won't break again, you'll get a powerful re-lume which I bet it currently doesn't have, and it'll be water proofed.