Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

My first Planet Ocean franken attempt -- bitter sweet.

boneyjr

My plan was simple: install a gen dial and hand set onto a rep 45mm PO. Like with most plans, however, it's always simple until you get started. As it turned out, the gen dial I purchased had damaged 11 and 7 markers. While the watch-smith was trying to fix the markers, he nicked the omega emblem on the gen dial and broke it. I instructed him to adhere the rep emblem to the gen dial.

I had expected to be truly upset with the resulting product. Much to my surprise, I don't mind the rep emblem at all! What makes a gen dial pop is the brilliant orange color of the 12, 6 and 9, and the satin black finish of the dial. Honestly, the omega emblem is something you notice only if it's missing!

And I am very happy with the work he did on the 11 and 7 markers. If you look very closely you will see a slight difference in color (the difference is not noticeable while casually looking at the watch). And I must give the watch-smith a credit for fixing the rep emblem. It is spot on center and aligned perfectly.

I now have a gen crown and He valve -- should I roll the dice again?

DSC02453_zps935ca951.jpg

DSC02454_zps49548cfa.jpg

DSC02456_zps7b822050.jpg

DSC02463_zps5e9fa27c.jpg

DSC02449_zpsf59446d0.jpg

DSC02469_zpscf2c0cc7.jpg

Luthier

Not bad at all, mate!!!

I'd cut off "happy feet" on the logo with X-Acto #11 blade, and it would be perfect.

boneyjr

Not bad at all, mate!!!

I'd cut off "happy feet" on the logo with X-Acto #11 blade, and it would be perfect.

I was thinking exactly that -- but at this point, I am just going to be happy with what I have :)

Jose Betancur

great! Like we say in Colombia " ya untao el dedo, untada la mano" go for it again!

BaggyPants

Looks good. Is the HE valve on the PO reps a drop in replacement or do you need to dismantle to replace them?

boneyjr

Looks good. Is the HE valve on the PO reps a drop in replacement or do you need to dismantle to replace them?

I honestly don't know -- I pay people to do the work :)

thedoccwc

I was looking at a few gens in an AD today and you're spot on - those orange numbers really give the gen something that's hard to replicate.

As such, you're looks fantastic - the lume is absolutely delicious.

boneyjr

I was looking at a few gens in an AD today and you're spot on - those orange numbers really give the gen something that's hard to replicate.

As such, you're looks fantastic - the lume is absolutely delicious.

Thanks! the happy feet on the gen dial is hardly a notice.

deju

Did you also change the date wheel?

I'm keen to do this on my watch as the dial's datewheel bezel annoys me on mine :)

bmx5045

I want a PO. NICE WORK

boneyjr

Did you also change the date wheel?

I'm keen to do this on my watch as the dial's datewheel bezel annoys me on mine :)

It's a swiss movement, and is was the dw that it came with.