Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Deep Freeze failed - now time for surgery

RichardMiami

Scorp... sorry to be late to the party. I consulted with my son, who happens to be an electrical engineer. He suggests that you use an acoustic echo canceler, it is necessary to consider the nonlinearity of an echo path in order to attenuate an echo signal conventionally, and various methods using adaptive Volterra filters have been proposed. Many of those methods have not resulted in a decisive solution about the non performing states in a nonlinear acoustic echo canceler. In this solution, we propose an echo canceler algorithm for adaptive Volterra filters using the idea of the OECLMS (Orthogonal Expanded Correlation Least Mean Squares) algorithm in consideration of the problem. The convergence speed of the proposed method is improved by using Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization for the input signal.

I hope this helps!!

onionbag

Scorp... sorry to be late to the party. I consulted with my son, who happens to be an electrical engineer. He suggests that you use an acoustic echo canceler, it is necessary to consider the nonlinearity of an echo path in order to attenuate an echo signal conventionally, and various methods using adaptive Volterra filters have been proposed. Many of those methods have not resulted in a decisive solution about the non performing states in a nonlinear acoustic echo canceler. In this solution, we propose an echo canceler algorithm for adaptive Volterra filters using the idea of the OECLMS (Orthogonal Expanded Correlation Least Mean Squares) algorithm in consideration of the problem. The convergence speed of the proposed method is improved by using Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization for the input signal.

I hope this helps!!

Is your son Stanley Unwin?

Happy new year Richard.

scorpion

Yes that is a 2016....20 mm dia X 1.6 thick. The 2032 is 3.2 thick.

Have not heard about flattening them and I normally test in a standard + / - tester and I am looking for 3V as indication of full power and not less than 2V.

Use a multi and look for those figures.....I agree with your assessment, although I have seen batteries almost dead flat still powering 2 or 3 functions with no indication of low voltage.

So a new battery with 3V just removes any doubt.

O/S

Ok from a choice of Offshore, Dal or Richard I choose OIffshores reply as the winner of today's what should I do with my watch question.

Dal I have about 10 different hammers in my garage and a PP9 is what exactly? - either its a very old battery or a new version of a Walther pistol used by Mr Bond,

Shooting it wont work, hammering it is a waste and 9v ups its arse will result in smoke! As for freezing it - fucker!

Richard - WTF have you been smoking today :giggle: I have checked your suggestion and its bullshit, Volterra filters just don't work in this scenario, they would transform the frequency domain giving a transformed input matrix and destroy the lcd display. Good try though!

Offshore - Im fooked as been back at work today so will take it out tomorrow and test it on my mutlimeter. Its probably got some funky function to test batteries on it, Its the most complicated meter I have ever come across and I only found out it had a IR laser beam thermometer on it when Dal and co suggested i freeze the watch!

It might even have a goat price function on it to convert goats to sapphire crystals :giggle:

RichardMiami

Nah.. but Stanley is my mother's brother's third cousin twice removed by marriage on my great-uncle's side

Happy New Year to you also OB!

offshore

Scorp,

Shoot me by PM the watch detail- Everything you can give.

Model - ALL numbers on the case, inside and out, even any numbers on the dial, any numbers or brand on the circuit board.

You never know what I may be able to dig up.

Offshore.

HWG

I hope this helps!!

:bsmeter::wtf:

dalboy

I hope this helps!!

Makes perfect sense to me.. :Whistle:

markeym3

I like Richards idea ,, sounds like something Dr Evil would use

HWG

I hope this helps!!

I give up, I felt dumb after reading that.

dalboy

I hope this helps!!

At least you manage to read it.....wheres the pictures. :giggle:

RichardMiami

So did my method work?

RichardMiami

I hope this helps!!

Here ya go - you want pics? I got pics!

7003099-0-large.jpg

acoustic_echo.gif

conx

Or you could just get a yellow crayon.....

dalboy

I hope this helps!!

7003099-0-large.jpg

acoustic_echo.gif

Arhhhh !!

Now i get it........ :suck:

scorpion

I hope this helps!!

acoustic_echo.gif

I think Richard has morphed into Steven Hawkins and has posted the schematics for the McFly Flux capacitor to power his DeLorean.

Anyway back from the future to reality ( :giggle: ) and I have had the battery out and tested as recommended by Luth and others

Meter%20Reading%20(Medium).jpg

Now I guess that's a pretty good reading for a 3V battery so that rules it out but it was worth checking.

So that about it really, I cant do anything else. My guess its the actual LCD display was made faulty with the segments missing and I cant fix that.

Offshore and Hazz have both kindly said they will ask around to see if any of their contacts have spare bits so I might be back with an update - maybe.

At the end of the day its not a major problem and it was fun trying to fix it!

Edited by scorpion