Sign in to follow this  
gbrowndsl

Scam davidsen?

Balad1

What's it matter, they aren't are Trusted Dealer and who in their right mind would deal with them?

gbrowndsl

Davidsen is listed, might want to add a note that this is a scam site like there is a warning for TrustyTime.

BigsCG

What's it matter, they aren't are Trusted Dealer and who in their right mind would deal with them?

Agree. and the contact on the webpage is [email protected] so what does the email have to do with anything.

Balad1
Davidsen is listed, might want to add a note that this is a scam site like there is a warning for TrustyTime.

You're right, never heard them mentioned.

Mazz

David Sen is also known as DSN. Didn't realize they had a someone trying to mirror them.

If you want to order something i suggest you use the contact info in his section here

guami007

I don't believe that this is a scam site. DSN has multiple email addresses that he uses. This one just follows the name of the site. Best to confirm though.

Luthier

David-San use only one email.

James.

maybe someone should just email DSN and ask him. Boom, problem solved from the horses mouth. Not me though. I don't really care.

gbrowndsl

I did contact him to confirm, they are impersonating him.

Luthier

I just did.

tonycch

I think it's a scam site. I sent payment on Dec. 26th and still no watch yet.

trailboss99

We know it's a scam site. Do a charge back ASAP.

Amit

actually he has gmail and yahoo.

He contacted me back two days ago.

tonycch

Can I do a charge back when I use my credit card to send payment through Western Union.

trailboss99

No. Which is why I would never use WU unless I was 100% sure who I was dealing with. Sorry mate, you got done.

tonycch

Guess I am the stupid newbie.

Does anyone know if the real Davidsen DSN is still in business? Have anyone bought from him and got the watch in the last month or so?

No. Which is why I would never use WU unless I was 100% sure who I was dealing with. Sorry mate, you got done.

gbrowndsl

real is indeed alive and kicking, on another forum.

gbrowndsl

this story gets better. while it is definately not the 'real' DSN I have been sent shipping details after weeks of hearing nothing.

slaughterer

The "about me" bio and the watch photos are basically identity theft of the real Davidsen.

Even if it is a drop shipper using Davidsen's ID for marketing, it would be difficult for them to supply all the watches Davidsen makes (esp the Radiomirs), and in the same level of quality.

Whatever is shipped will likely not match the web photos.

DId you get QC photos?

Edited by slaughterer

gbrowndsl

I did, but I can't tell quality etc. I'd bet its a regular old rep and I paid too much or it. If it turns out to be as described I will be floored.

slaughterer

Probably correct assumption. I get the feeling that site was started by some Chinese watch factory employees and that they might have access to reps of some of the watches on the site. The slow place of shipment is probably them scrambling to locate whatever you ordered. I wish you luck.

The site itself is built from selected photos of watches from the real Davidsen. The geographic localisation of the main server IP is Redwood City or Fremont, California, near Palo Alto and it has a 48.1% confidence level with WSCheck. The website is 3 months old, and there is a Facebook page as well for it. The Domain Name owner is "Domains by Proxy"

If it is any help, I fell into this scam as well.

slaughterer

Funnily, after taking my money, they posted me QC pictures today a few days afterwards.

tonycch

He provided a tracking number and the package arrived in Los Angeles yesterday. I should receive it in a few days:

Express Mail International®

Inbound Into Customs

Processed Through Sort Facility

January 22, 2013, 4:53 pm

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

January 20, 2013, 1:10 am

GUANGZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Acceptance

January 19, 2013, 7:26 pm

CHINA PEOPLES REP

Edited by tonycch

gbrowndsl

got mine a few minutes ago, looks like rep 1950 like any other. strap is quite nice, dust particle under crystal leads me to believe its a regular old rep vs. something that someone has taken a bit of pride in making. ah well, will be modding it now into something sterile I think. so I guess I was only half scammed??? still, buyer beware.