Sign in to follow this  
emartin

My dilemma...

emartin

Hi,

This is my first post so let me introduce myself. I'm 38, from Quebec, Canada (so please excuse my english...I do speak french). I have been a watch lover for a long time, I own a genuine Omega Speedmaster Professional, a couple of Tag Heuer, a Stowa Flieger Automatic, a Seiko automatic Diver and others quartz. Until a few days ago, the world of replica was limited to those replica they sell on Canal Street on my few trips to New York City...

I always wanted a Panerai but couldn't afford it. I now discovered this site and red tons of posts about the quality of the watch and how close to the original those are.I was also concern about the reliability of those replica but the movement used seem to be very high quality.

Now my concern. I was pretty much fix on a Pam111n V3, the latest watch from the "Noob" factory and it seem like this one was THE rep to buy. I also red posts about members receiving non-working watches and watches with flaw that were not on the QC pics. I have been a little been shocked to how the member should handle the situation if this kind of problem occur. It seem like people are shy to contact the TD as if they were giving them a favor by buying from them. A TD who's sending a non-working/scratch watch will ask the buyer to send it back at his expense and pay for the re-shipping...that's a 100$ value. I'm a competitive cyclist and a team manager, I deal all the time with Asian supplier for high end carbon parts. In this world. QC is a non-issue, if I receive a defective item, I send a picture and get a refund without question...and it almost never happen because we have a QC agreement...

This is my first post and don't want to seem like "this guy who know how it work" but after reading the "problematic" post, I wonder if the RWG member should ask for a "better" QC service and some kind of a QC protocole to ensure that the watch shipped is good and sound.

Is that make sense?

Emmanuel

houndoggie

Hi welcome.

you only hear about the problem watch, 95%+ come as expected

as for how you deal with the problems, that is up to you.

Luthier

Welcome aboard, Emmanuel!

First - we have a dozen dealers, and about a few thousands of people who buy watches on regular basis, so, just a few bad watches is not a big percentage. Shit happenz, you know it.

I, personally, bought over 70 watches, and only one had little fault.

So, don't pay much attention to negative reviews, it's not a norm.

Good luck with your PAMs!

houndoggie

also, you do know that this a largely illegal hobby and the usually expectations for customer service are out the door.

First - we have a dozen dealers, and about a few thousands of people who buy watches on regular basis, so, just a few bad watches is not a big percentage. Shit happenz, you know it.

good post.

sardonix

One big difference you are buying illegal goods.

So pick your TD first then the watch.

If there is something wrong.....bad luck.

A good TD solve it but you loose some money and much time.

If you want no risk stick with gens from an AD in your city.

Abagnale

if you want outstanding qc stick to watch international. that's a typical forums disease, you always read about things that went wrong and believe it's the norm. far from the truth...

cheers

Del

Hello and welcome. :)

When buying reps you are buying an illegal product. Do you really expect the same quality control and after-sales service that you get buying from a legitimate product? You cannot compare the two.

Our Trusted Dealers are among the best on the planet and can supply the best reps available anywhere. They also offer some level of guarantee and after sales service, and you have the backup of the RWG staff if things go slightly wrong. It doesn't get any better than this in the world of reps so if this doesn't address your concerns then this hobby is not for you.

I recommend that you read a lot more about buying reps, our Trusted Dealers, movements, what to expect from reps and watch reviews before you consider ordering anything. And remember, for every complaint there are probably dozens of happy customers - pretty much the same for any shop or online retailer.

jeffw69

Welcome.

dasselin

Salut et bienvenu

Ça fait du bien de voir un autre Québécois sur ce forum. Cette endroit est vraiment assez extraordinaire.

Les gars sont assez dur avec les nouveaux si on pose des question sens avoir lu la pile de Documentation qui

Est disponible ici.

Bonne chance

Dan

emartin

Thanks for all the welcomes replies. I really didn't want to be harsh...I probably red to much bad experiences over thousand of good ones, you are right about that.

Now, I pretty set on the "NOOB" Pam111n V3, is it still THE right choice? Which strap would you choose...I leaning toward the rubber one since the leather ones seem flimsy.

At last, I pretty much choose my TD but I would appreciate recommendations (maybe by PM).

Thanks, et bonne soirée!

Emmanuel

houndoggie
Thanks for all the welcomes replies. I really didn't want to be harsh...I probably red to much bad experiences over thousand of good ones, you are right about that.

Now, I pretty set on the "NOOB" Pam111n V3, is it still THE right choice? Which strap would you choose...I leaning toward the rubber one since the leather ones seem flimsy.

At last, I pretty much choose my TD but I would appreciate recommendations (maybe by PM).

Thanks, et bonne soirée!

Emmanuel

Buy in the rubber strap. It is very good. Then start the process of collecting straps for your PAM. Straps are half the fun.

headhunt3r

One big difference you are buying illegal goods.

So pick your TD first then the watch.

If there is something wrong.....bad luck.

A good TD solve it but you loose some money and much time.

If you want no risk stick with gens from an AD in your city.

Interesting, I'm new to this so I could be wrong, but I always thought it was the opposite order: pick your watch, then find a TD that can source it.

There's a SUPER PAM Guide on RWI... http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365.html

Hope I don't get in trouble for linking to RWI.

HWG

+1 Luth.

Welcome to the best forum online!

emartin

I choose the watch, a PAM 111, choose de strap: rubber. Now I passed the last 2 hours reading posts about the new V3, the swan neck issue, the right 2 at 12, the raised sapphire... I also red treads about h-factory vs NOOB...It's almost a nightmare.

I red on multiple occasion that the NOOB v3 was the best but multiple flaws were reported. I also red that a couple of dealers swear by the H-factory and frankly I did not found so many flaw, defect...about those.

Also, some dealer send pretty generic QC pics and other send pic with a tag (with order# on it) and also pics of the watch on a device that prove it's working well...should I take this in consideration?

I'm right there, H or NOOB, TD with detailed QC? Please share your knowledge and experience.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Luthier

Read dealers feedbacks, it always lead you to the right direction. And don't pay attention to minor flaws, ALL replicas have them.

houndoggie

Noob is the best. You are over analyzing it.

emartin

I know, I'm like that, I'll sleep on it.

Thanks for the advices.

1littlegreen

Welcome!!

Very sound advice from top notch guys. You will do well here.

LightGeek

I choose the watch, a PAM 111, choose de strap: rubber. Now I passed the last 2 hours reading posts about the new V3, the swan neck issue, the right 2 at 12, the raised sapphire... I also red treads about h-factory vs NOOB...It's almost a nightmare.

I red on multiple occasion that the NOOB v3 was the best but multiple flaws were reported. I also red that a couple of dealers swear by the H-factory and frankly I did not found so many flaw, defect...about those.

Also, some dealer send pretty generic QC pics and other send pic with a tag (with order# on it) and also pics of the watch on a device that prove it's working well...should I take this in consideration?

I'm right there, H or NOOB, TD with detailed QC? Please share your knowledge and experience.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Ask yourself this. Are you buying it because you like the look of the 111 or "just because" people say it's one of the most accurate? If it's the latter point, beware you may be setting your expectations too high.

HeavyKrush
+1 on that. It will be a very rare situation that anyone will know the manufacturer of this watch much less know the tells. You will be sorely disappointed by the lack of recognition in the Panerai brand. People will likely comment on the watch looks but won't comment on the mfg. it's a great watch. Buy it and don't fret over the small tells.

sardonix

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Can not speak for other dealers but i would try Toro he has different models of 111, he is very well informed about the latest from factories. You can mail him your "nightmare" concerns and for sure Toro will guide you to the best you can buy.

Toro always delivers good stuff, sometimes short in replies but he knows his stuff.

baxter

Welcome to the Forum :)

Out of all the dealers i've never had a quality issue from watch international ( that's not saying i won't in the future, but they will sort it if i do ) and + 1 to the strap issue, a rep strap will generally let a great watch down, just get the rubber and then buy a decent after market strap as this is what will make the real difference. here's a couple of images which i think illustrate that point.

pam111 on gen oem croc ( this is not the noob but the cheaper $150 H factory )

IMG_0516.jpg

same watch on rep strap

P1010862.jpg

pam288 onj orloff croc

IMG_1372_zpsf2d3cfff.jpg

Pam 243 on vintage leather ( maker unknown )

IMG_1113.jpg

sardonix

Nice combo's Jez!

If i was in the market for a 111 i would prefer the 111 beginner from Toro on a nice custom strap, instead of a V3 on rubber which has no soul that rubber on a 111 in my opinion.

But i am not member of team the loupe the beginner looks fine to me.

emartin

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Ask yourself this. Are you buying it because you like the look of the 111 or "just because" people say it's one of the most accurate? If it's the latter point, beware you may be setting your expectations too high.

As I already own genuine watch, I'm more about the quality of fabrication, those small detail and of course reliability. I prefer my Stowa over my Omega because the fit and finish is superior, the quality of the glass, dial...even if it cost 3x less. It is smaller but have the "same" general look of a PAM111, that's probably why I'm looking at this model.

As for Toro, I thought about this TD, email hin once, got a reply the same day, asked for some precisions (pretty generic questions), but did not received reply. This was on january 8th.

Del

I'll be honest, judging by your posts so far, I don't think this hobby is for you. I think your expectations of both replicas and dealers is too high and that you will be disappointed in some respect.

Happy for you to prove me wrong though. ;)