Sign in to follow this  
emartin

My dilemma...

Cyril_Clunge

As this isn't really a review I think it will be better off in New Members introductions.

Welcome to RWG by the way :wave:

houndoggie

As this isn't really a review I think it will be better off in New Members introductions.

or maybe general discussion..

Realism

+1

sardonix

As for Toro, I thought about this TD, email hin once, got a reply the same day, asked for some precisions (pretty generic questions), but did not received reply. This was on january 8th.

Toro is a one man business, he gets lots of mails from new comers, he does not have staff to start long conversations.

Be very short and specific in your mails to him. More in the line of "can you deliver this what i want"

A reminder mail to him as " hey, i am still waiting on a reply on this one" could help.

There are also dropshippers who take more time for your questions but they never see the watch they are sending you.

Toro gets it from factory, inspects it, takes his own qc pics and sents it of at your approval.

But he is short in communication (a lot are)

Cyril_Clunge

I'm feeling particularly benevolent today and am therefore granting the OP the added protection of the FFZ.

Mind you, I was very impressed by how well people were behaving :D

trailboss99

Welcome aboard, Emmanuel!

First - we have a dozen dealers, and about a few thousands of people who buy watches on regular basis, so, just a few bad watches is not a big percentage. Shit happenz, you know it.

I, personally, bought over 70 watches, and only one had little fault.

So, don't pay much attention to negative reviews, it's not a norm.

Good luck with your PAMs!

Couldn't have put that better myself George, well said.

OP: Mate, most of the points people agonize over here are very small flaws. People get hung up over very tiny details that don't stand out in real life. Remember, most of the pics you are seeing are macro shots. This helps explain:

TheRealWorld.jpg

As you have said, the movement used in hand wind Pams is almost unbreakable and if it does die it's about 50 bucks worth or can be worked on by any watchmaker, it's the one most learn on.

vonGluberschmidt

:D @ Col

love that pic.

gtwc

I'm feeling particularly benevolent today and am therefore granting the OP the added protection of the FFZ.

Mind you, I was very impressed by how well people were behaving :D

Don't want to disappoint you CC.............

:stupid:

Captain Swoop

You can't compare a company producing high grade, high value custom carbon fibre engineering parts with a one or two man (or woman) replica watch retailing business.

If you have a big mark up you can soak up the cost of shipping a returned item and with a customer buying many thousands of £ worth of custom built parts you will send out a replacement on spec before the original is returned.

To one of the watch dealers they don't knowwho you are or if you can be trusted to send the original item back and their mark up is not huge.

Of course they want you to pay for the return and they won't send a replacement until they have the original back.

How do they know you aren't some bozo just trying to con a free extra watch?

emartin

I never thought my questions and concerns would bring such reactions. Yes I'm a noobie and I'm asking questions. I'm reading alot of ironie and I can live with that but I never intended to be harsh or anything.

BTW, I do feel I could find satisfaction in a quality rep and by nature, I ask question and inform myself, nothing wrong with that imo.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Del
I never thought my questions and concerns would bring such reactions. Yes I'm a noobie and I'm asking questions. I'm reading alot of ironie and I can live with that but I never intended to be harsh or anything.

BTW, I do feel I could find satisfaction in a quality rep and by nature, I ask question and inform myself, nothing wrong with that imo.

That's great, I hope you can find satisfaction!

Many people come here and expect perfection from reps and then are disappointed when they don't get it - if you can live with the odd little flaw or imperfection then you'll be fine! ;)

emartin

Many people come here and expect perfection from reps and then are disappointed when they don't get it - if you can live with the odd little flaw or imperfection then you'll be fine! ;)

I can live with that, it's hard for a perfect person but it's possible :B):

Realism

maybe you need gens instead...but even gens may have flaw... but c.s support will help

UmpaHimself
One big difference you are buying illegal goods.

So pick your TD first then the watch.

If there is something wrong.....bad luck.

A good TD solve it but you loose some money and much time.

If you want no risk stick with gens from an AD in your city.

+1

emartin

maybe you need gens instead...but even gens may have flaw... but c.s support will help

You are right, one of the hands fell of on my gen Speedmaster Professional.