Sign in to follow this  
seikonz

Hello from New Zealand

seikonz

Hi guys,

I'm Matt from New Zealand. Like many of you I'm very glad I found this site and avoided http://www.iparadisiac.co/

Currently I only have one replica - a Rolex Submariner 116610 in black purchased from Mr Wong in Pattaya, Thailand. It is very accurate to the original, has the blue lume, and even the Rolex etching in the glass. I am very happy with it for US$100.

I have 3 questions for you knowlegable folks.

(1) My Rolex Submariner rep. seems to 'tick' 5 times per second, so does this mean it has an 18,000 bph movement?

(2) I want a Rolex Explorer II. Is this one the best, most factory accurate model available on the market today? http://puretime.co/p...ion-white-dial/

(3) Is the Swiss movement worth an extra US$120 in your opinion?

Thanks all!

Matt

Edited by seikonz

Sparkal

Welcome fellow Kiwi,

The Exp II will be interesting, it still has a few issues in my opinion but is a good watch. I have the current version.

I generally get swiss if its from the like of BK or TC. The other dealers cant guarentee it to be swiss as they get them direct from factories an pass them on without opening them up. I have ordered a swiss from one of the TD's and it turned out to be Asian copy.

Nothing wrong with an asian movement untill it needs to be worked on.

Bash64

Welcome:)

I think 5 ticks per second indicates a 21,600 bph movement. For some reason, some of those "look" smoother than others. I have one that looks very smooth, but I know it is a 21J asian movement.

jeffw69

Welcome. :)

seikonz

Thanks guys! I just thought 5 ticks x 60 secs x 60 minutes would be an 18,000 bph movement.

BK told me he is working on the new Explorer II at the moment. Basically, I just want the absolute best super-rep Explorer II available :-)

Edited by seikonz

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG from South Africa. For the Explorer II look at this http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=41600, compared the pictures to pics on the Rolex web site and there is very little difference I cam see. As for the Swiss vs the Asian clone, all my watches have the clone movement and run very smooth and well. I would not pay the extra $100 as you are not garenteed you will get the Swiss movement and I think the clone works just as well,

Regards,

Jan

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

cygnus

hi, fellow Kiwi!

I've got an Explorer II on the way right now from one of the TD's, but I opted to keep the movement the simple A21j version. My first rep purchase, so I kept the price down and it'll be a good learner watch if it fails at any time.

PAB
welcome_zps293c12ce.gif

seikonz

Thanks guys. Still looking for the absolute best Explorer II rep out there. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!