Sign in to follow this  
gB.

IWC Announces Updated, Smaller Ingenieur Watches

gB.

IWC Announces Updated, Smaller Ingenieur Watches

40mm.jpg

IWC-Ingenieur-Automatic-Ref-3292-2013-620x342.jpg

The first, and possibly most surprising, is the new ref 3239 Ingenieur Automatic which is built around a comparatively tiny 40mm platform. Most modern Ingenieurs are 46mm wide (and fairly tall) but this 40mm version returns to an old-school sweet spot and is a cuff-friendly 10mm thick. The underlying message here is that IWC wants to offer up some competition to the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak and Patek Philippe Nautilus. As I've never really taken to the trend of large watches (over 44mm), I think the 3239 is a practical option that will adorn a more conservative wrist with a more subtle sort of luxury. The 3239 still rocks 40,000 amperes/meter magnetic protection, the Genta-designed five bolt bezel and the clear legibility of a watch with tool-ish roots. That said, the Ingenieur Automatic which is powered by the IWC cal 30110, features a very dressy dial design that can be had in black, or silver with hands and markers in either chrome or rose gold. The cal 30110 is an IWC modified ETA 2892 A2 automatic movement which, in its base form, can be found in hundreds of watches and is commonly used as a base for modified movements. The modern Ingenieur range has been comprised of larger watches with more boisterous designs, so it is interesting to see IWC downsize the case and fit a much more elegant and conservative dial design. One has to consider that the 3239 may be the direct result of the continued popularity of the Rolex Milgauss (also 40mm) and possibly a response to demand from customers for an Ingenieur which is closer to its roots.

solkryssare

Love those. And love the 40 mm size.......A rep would make me one happy dude

Amit

NO.....

Ingenieur_Automatic_zps4210376c.jpg

YESSSSS

gB.

Agree. I'm liking the gold hands and markers model. I'm a sucker for subtle two-tone versions.

:D

gtwc

Nice............but...........

I prefer the 'bigguns'.

Mainly 'cos I have a fairly manly (not in the Luthier sense!) 7.75" wrist, and my eyesight ain't

what it used to be.

I can't make out most of the dates on any watch with a date function, so that's redundant.

The larger watches at least enable me to tell the time - either that or rely on a fuckin' sundial !!!

Amit

bump for SB boys

gB.

bump for SB boys

Somma' Bitch boys?

Crusader

Yes, this would be very welcome in rep version. Someone please contact the rep Boss and get him to put this one on the rep list, sometimes after CNY will be fine :)

Luthier

Fuck it. Even my wife wear bigger watches.

jeffw69

Too small.

PeterPotamus

+1000000

wat44

40 is still too big

38 is enough

Burnleybezel

Mmmm loving those, I do hope they rep them. Personally 40mm is just right.

BTW is it after Chinese New Year that new Reps released?

B.B

dilip

These are actually quite noisy. The smaller case does'nt isolate the pellaton rotors sounds.