Sign in to follow this  
jeffrx

Can Reps withstand sports?

jeffrx

Do any of you guys wear your reps when playing sports? I'm a tennis player and am worried that the vibration and movement will affect the Japanese movement causing it to break down. Are these reps better than that or should I just not wear them while playing?

TT88

Not recommended (unless you are nadal).

Not only risk of damaging watch, might hurt yourself too.

If you really have to, get a ligjtweight g-shock or timex with rubber strap.

cwazy1

never.

i would never wear a rep or gen for that matter.

the only reason nadal wears one is because its free and its light

jeffrx

Thanks....should have put this in flame-free questions, not new members intro. Sorry about that. I will refrain from wearing the automatic reps while playing tennis. The quartz reps will be used though.

I've got a cool rubber strap Fossil that I like to wear while imitating Nadal.

DeLaForce

Darts is about the most I'd go :giggle: I've actually broken a sub playing football, so I wouldn't reccomend it in active sports :)

webking185

why wear a watch, its not going to boost your performance...they have steroids for that.

i dont recommend wearing your rep.

tanweekiat

I worn my watches for swim. (Water pressure tested of course)

At times worn my Rolex Seadweller (Swiss movement) and PAM320 for mountain biking.

I don't like the idea of watches controlling me whether can I do this or that. And of cos, be logical and don't bring them for diving)

But that's just me.

sgtguk

I regularly use mine when I'm on my Jet ski and swim with them too with no worries thus far, does that count as a sport?

I do like to take some full on waves mind :D

dejavu157

I masterbate with my watch on.. Does that count as a sport?

tesmith2112

Some pros always play with a watch, including Nadal, but most slip it on as soon as the match is over. Pro's almost always wear their watches when playing exhibitions. I'm actually an avid tennis player, been playing since I was 5. I met Federer about 3 years ago at a corporate sponsored even in Cincinnati. He was wearing a GV Milgauss. In fact he probably wears it more than any other watch I would say. Of course at the time, I didn't know it was a Milgauss, I just knew it was Rolex and had a green crystal. I later researched the watch, after I saw the cost, I started looking into replicas. That's how I found this site in fact. All of these TD's I've spend thousands with over the past few years can thank Roger Federer.

Roger-Federer-Nike-Wimbeldon-2009.jpg

RogerFederer1.jpg

sgtguk

Yep reckon that's a recreational sport mate :rideemcowboy:

jeffrx

Some pros always play with a watch, including Nadal, but most slip it on as soon as the match is over. Pro's almost always wear their watches when playing exhibitions. I'm actually an avid tennis player, been playing since I was 5. I met Federer about 3 years ago at a corporate sponsored even in Cincinnati. He was wearing a GV Milgauss. In fact he probably wears it more than any other watch I would say. Of course at the time, I didn't know it was a Milgauss, I just knew it was Rolex and had a green crystal. I later researched the watch, after I saw the cost, I started looking into replicas. That's how I found this site in fact. All of these TD's I've spend thousands with over the past few years can thank Roger Federer.

Roger-Federer-Nike-Wimbeldon-2009.jpg

RogerFederer1.jpg

Nice....I play a lot of tennis too. Currently about 4 times per week. I like to have a watch on when I play and I've just gotten into this world of reps. I guess I'd be better sticking with "sports watches" or something. I've always wanted to drive out to the Cincinnati Masters event in the summer. One year I'll get out there. I go to the US Open every year since it's only an hour from me.

I regularly use mine when I'm on my Jet ski and swim with them too with no worries thus far, does that count as a sport?

I do like to take some full on waves mind :D

Yes, it counts!

No, that does not count!

jeffrx

I worn my watches for swim. (Water pressure tested of course)

At times worn my Rolex Seadweller (Swiss movement) and PAM320 for mountain biking.

I don't like the idea of watches controlling me whether can I do this or that. And of cos, be logical and don't bring them for diving)

But that's just me.

Wow, not sure I would trust a rep while swimming. Nice to know that it may be possible though. I'm scared to splash water on these things while washing my hands. :giggle:

arancini

Do any of you guys wear your reps when playing sports? I'm a tennis player and am worried that the vibration and movement will affect the Japanese movement causing it to break down. Are these reps better than that or should I just not wear them while playing?

Talking from experience, I always wear my Rep PAM 111 Noob V3 when playing tennis.

Not a problem at all.

Swimming? Wouldn't and don't trust it.

Tennis? Don't sweat it. Unless you fall on it, you'll be just fine.

tanweekiat

Perhaps I can take some photos~ most rep would only required certain water proofing.

Luthier

Where did you get a replica with japanese movement?

:D

jeffrx

Where did you get a replica with japanese movement?

:D

Misspoke....I meant Asian movement.

Perhaps I can take some photos~ most rep would only required certain water proofing.

No need for photos....I totally believe it.

SteveA
is that not how you wind your watch up?

jeffrx

Talking from experience, I always wear my Rep PAM 111 Noob V3 when playing tennis.

Not a problem at all.

Swimming? Wouldn't and don't trust it.

Tennis? Don't sweat it. Unless you fall on it, you'll be just fine.

Good to know.

Higs

I wear a cheap and cheerful sterile sub on a Nato strap as my mountain biking watch.

JohnPilot

For sports nothing better than a cheap quartz watch.

Or the Tiger Woods TAG if more style is wanted.

964boy

Don't do sport.

Was told it's not good for you

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

NCRich

This is what they make timed iron mans for.

BadPickle

Sport???

Fuck's that mean??

Unless you mean wearing my B&R while watching football on the tv?

Does that count?

dalboy

Wear my Sub all the time when i play Snooker. :giggle: