oblacone

Omega UPO Bracelet clasp problem :( help

oblacone

Hello dear forum :)

So today i just received my super mega AWESOME Omega UPO, and it is super sweet, and everything is good except for one thing.

There is something wrong with the clasp, i belive the wires or metal bars used to close the ... man you guys know... the little locking mechanism it seems to be too tight.

This is a really big problem as i cant really get the watch off, i have it off now, but i struggeled for quite a while earlier today. Anyways here are some pictures of the clasp, maybe you guys know a way to fix this.

bilde_zpsfd1e6a36.jpg

bilde_zps2c150ad0.jpg

Help would be very much appreciated, as the state the watch is in now :( it just makes it les enjoyable

oblacone

i will probably do a review of the watch, but i would like to get this sorted first :)

oblacone

:( i just dont have the skill or understanding... i opened it all up... my problem being it is too tight, the cutting down the metal part didnt really work for me, so i thought i'd try to shae it differently... but it just doesnt work :( i dont know what to bend where.at one point the buttons fell out, it was so frightening i dont want to ruin this watch, im such a noob im afraid to break anything :/

oblacone

should i get a replacement spring...it will be my Omega UPO Franken with - Genuine clasp spring :)

BaggyPants

No sweat. Buy yourself a cheap 22mm NATO strap from ebay to be going on with, so you can wear the thing. Let the forum know your location and see if some kind soul in your vicinity will sort it for you. If you're in the UK, send it to me and I'll fix the bugger! BTW - cutting it actually makes it tighter, not looser.

BaggyPants

should i get a replacement spring...it will be my Omega UPO Franken with - Genuine clasp spring :)

Mine didn't need a new spring, just shaping right. The gen springs need cutting carefully until they are right. No point spending cash on a spring that might not fix it.

oblacone

Well im located in norway, so i doubt there are too many in this community from here? i dont know. I got some watch tools coming in the mail soon, ill try to fix it then, but the problem is i dont know how it is supposed to be shaped to be looser. I definitely do not want do take it to the local watchsmith, I've seen him with his orange bezel 45 mm PO...

BaggyPants

I couldn't even start to explain it, but if you are completely stuck, can't find anybody local to fix it, and give up, post it to me in the UK and I will fix it and post it back to you, because it really is simple to do with only a pin pusher and a pair of needle nosed pliers :)

HeavyKrush

Open up the clasp by removing the pins and reshape the spring.

15F28A07-7782-4ECD-9C2D-C44C6859D896-2235-000000FB269AED5E.jpg

oblacone

Screw it! i got a stupid leather strap Joshua i believe is sending me some parts (probably the wire) man it is frustrating to not have the appropriate tools, i have not a pair, not one, needle nose plier... just one fat wire cutter.. and a screwdriver

deju

It's trial and error you could hand bend it!!

If your not going to use the clasp shoot me a price... I scuffed the face of mine being clumsy desk diving! :(

Mechwarrior

+1 on nato strap

sgtguk

Have you tried putting a flat head type screwdriver in between the two sides of the spring and twist, that should open it out enough after a few goes to make it less tight to close?

oblacone
It's trial and error you could hand bend it!!

If your not going to use the clasp shoot me a price... I scuffed the face of mine being clumsy desk diving! :(

Oh no im not getting rid of it, I'm just waiting for the right tools or whatever problem solving part Joshua will send :)

Jan-mj

I had the same problem - i ended up screwing my bracelet up for good and now I'm waiting for a new bracelet from a TD... I really, really hope that the new one doesn't have this problem...