Sign in to follow this  
billt431

Took the plunge

billt431

After just a couple of days on RWG, I feel comfortable enough to have ordered a DD from one of the trusted dealers, Josh. I'll let you know when I get it.

Exercising patience. . . .

Breathe. . . .

Deep Breath. . . .

:ahw:

AllergyDoc

You might have it by the week's end, he's that fast!

jackyl

I've heard Josh is super fast.

KBH

Good choice with Josh. He'll take care of you.

billt431

Thanks, Guys!

I'm excited and looking forward to wearing a beautiful watch.

jackyl

What'd you order?

Member X

Cool, make sure you post pics when you get it! :rolleyes:

billt431
What'd you order?

I ordered a DayDate with yellow gold presidential band, gold dial, stick markers and Swiss Eta 2836-2 movement.

dingle

waiting on pics and a review :lol:.......Post the review in the competition and you will have a chance to win a watch. Good Luck. :lol:

trailboss99
What'd you order?

I ordered a DayDate with yellow gold presidential band, gold dial, stick markers and Swiss Eta 2836-2 movement.

Nice choice mate. Probably not the best watch to wear every day if it's an allgold one tho. The plating will wear.

Col.

KBH
What'd you order?

Nice choice mate. Probably not the best watch to wear every day if it's an allgold one tho. The plating will wear.

Col.

My wife's first rep was a FG Datejust from Josh. Still looks as good as new and she's been wearing it pretty regularly for about 8 months. Maybe she was just lucky but the plating seems pretty good.

DSCN2627.jpg

DSCN2636.jpg

dingle
Is Josh's website: http://www.perfect-hour.com ?

Yes Hunter. Welcome to RWG! be sure to check out all of our trusted dealers. :dunno:

hunter

Yes Hunter. Welcome to RWG! be sure to check out all of our trusted dealers. :Sleepy:

Thanks, and I did - just wanted to be clear.

I once own a Rolex green sub and really like the weight of the watch - do I have to worry about getting a light weight from Josh or another trusted dealer?

Also, can they easily add a link - with my old sub I needed an extra link so am I safe to assume the rep will fit the same?

KBH

A decent rep will come with plenty of links unless you have a gorilla wrist. And weight wise, they're almost exactly the same as gen unless you're getting full gold.

Here's a $108 LV Beginmariner, also known as Noobmariner, from Josh next to a $675 WM9 v3 Sub.

DSCN3995.jpg

billt431

I received my watch from Josh in less than a week, and it is beautiful. It has all the right markings and the only thing that gives it away as a replica is the lack of a rose gold clasp. Unfortunately the bracelet is to small, but I sent Josh an email and within 30 minutes he responded and promised to ship me additional links. So, I have a beautiful watch, but can't wear it.

Watch-1.jpg

Watch-2.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. I'll work on it.

NFleischer

congrats and welcome. josh is very reliable. now you'll probably start to get the itch for some other

brands if you're like the rest of us.

greg_r

Glad you're liking the watch! Congrats! :Drinking2:

jayhawkcwe

Yes Hunter. Welcome to RWG! be sure to check out all of our trusted dealers. :lol:

noob question. where might a list of those trusted dealers be?

jayhawkcwe

nevermind, found it.

billt431

Upate: I received the extra links from Josh and added them to the band. The watch fit great, and it looked fantastic on my wrist. I set the day, date and time and put it on. A little while later, I checkd it out and the minute hand had not moved. I tried setting the time again and it would not move, but did appear loose. I turned the watch 90 degrees and the minute hand losely moved too.

I sent Josh a note and within 30 minutes or less he had replied with instructions on how to return the watch. I still haven't gotten to wear my watch, but I do have to give Josh a thumbs up for his efforts to resolve my issues.

I'll keep you updated,

Bill

sconehead

Sorry to hear the watch has problems. Don't worry though, he will rectify the fault for you...that's why he's in our trusted section ...:shitfan:

Member X

Bugger, sorry to hear you've had an issue - as above, you should be fine getting it sorted, it's just the waiting that's the killer! :shitfan:

KBH

If the minute hand is loose, it might be easier and cheaper to have it fixed locally than to send it back and wait.