Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

Breitling Seawolf Avenger, Blue Dial, Correct Date Font

AllergyDoc

Bought one last week from a Canadian RG guy and got it yesterday. I've been curious about the Seawolf, especially the yellow dial model. Unfortunately, even though I like yellow a lot, I knew it would limit its versatility so I picked up the blue dial instead.

It's very well made, except for the clasp, which seems a little rattley. Date font looks good, not like the ETA font. It's keeping great time so far, it picked up just one second in 24 hours. It's only a day, I know, but so far so good.

It's 18mm thick but feels balanced and secure because of the sturdy bracelet. The guy only sent one extra link with the watch and I had to add it to the bracelet so it would fit me properly. With the micro adjustment set at the second-to-last hole, this watch wouldn't fit a wrist bigger than about 7¾". I think the seller bought the watch from Nembo, and maybe Nembo lost a link, I don't know. Something to think about if you have big wrists.

Frankly though, I can't see why it sells for over $300. I paid $340. Josh sells them for $378 plus shipping and Mary sells them for $328, plus PP fees if you use PP.

Looking for pics? Sorry, I haven't taken them yet. :) Maybe Thursday.

phaedo

They are a good, albeit overpriced, watch. Got mine (yellow dial) start of December and have not worn anything else since.

oscarmadfish

looking forward to the pics

Silverspeed
Frankly though, I can't see why it sells for over $300. I paid $340. Josh sells them for $378 plus shipping and Mary sells them for $328, plus PP fees if you use PP.

Looking for pics? Sorry, I haven't taken them yet. :beer: Maybe Thursday.

huh...why pay someone $340 for a used one when you can buy a new one for a little over $328...:huh:

Seawolf is a great rep though...had the graphite dial version, indeed apart from the clasp it's very well made and great AR.

I believe they only come with ETA 2836 hence the price, I guess

GC

I'll be keep'n an eye out for the pics! btw, congrats!

AllergyDoc

Looking for pics? Sorry, I haven't taken them yet. :lol: Maybe Thursday.

huh...why pay someone $340 for a used one when you can buy a new one for a little over $328... :D

Seawolf is a great rep though...had the graphite dial version, indeed apart from the clasp it's very well made and great AR.

I believe they only come with ETA 2836 hence the price, I guess

My understanding is the new ones have the wrong date font. This older, 1st generation, model I bought has the correct date font. Other than that, you're right; it doesn't make sense to buy used when Mary sells them for $328.

Luthier

One more reason, why I buy from Mary - my wrist is 8", and she always add 2 links to the bracelet, one on each side. No need to ask, she knows it.

That's why I mostly buy watches with bracelets - all reps equipped with regular size straps (except my BP), and I always have to replace it on XL straps.

Really, why you bought used for more?

:lol:

AllergyDoc
Really, why you bought used for more?

:P

No. I use PayPal and Mary charges 5% for PP, so Mary's would have cost more and wouldn't have had the correct date font, which I wanted. I'm date font fussy, remember? :D

It's good that she automatically adds the extra links for you. This watch definitely wouldn't fit your big hairy arm. :lol:

AllergyDoc

The watch is 45mm X 18mm.

Here are some shots of the dial:

4424136480_936f8bda2b_o.jpg

4423372111_f66a0d6263_o.jpg

4424136626_de7675a11b_o.jpg

I think the dial is done well: printing is crisp and lume dots look pretty good (not perfect). The color is a muted blue, unlike the SOSF, which is enhanced by the concentric rings, and is certainly not as flashy as the Rolex blue.

Pearl:

4424136570_9f7ea623cf_o.jpg

Clasp:

4423372341_d94e01f80d_o.jpg

Micro adjustment:

4423372467_aa8ed8a0b1_o.jpg

A couple of wristies:

4423372253_8788785834_o.jpg

4424136808_5fb44e1840_o.jpg

As I said, it wears very well, snug on the wrist. It doesn't feel too big or unbalanced like the DeepSea did to me. The AR is super. The lume is okay, probably better than most reps these days but no where as good as I've seen or heard about on the yellow dial models.

greg_r

Looks darned good, Doc - congrats!

lfh

it is really very nice, would have photographs of the lume you?

it is made proportional well in your wrist, congratulations,

AR is very that's true that it changes and gives a very good vision of the face.

see you soon

:drive1::band::thumbsup:

Luthier

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oscarmadfish

looks great

howasong

Wow, that looks very nice. Like the wrist shots, too. Congrats!

dingle

very nice Doc. love the pics. The macro shot of the hands is unbelievable. :thumbsup2: