Sign in to follow this  
ZellerFTW

Potential "treatment" for polished or plated surfaces... An idea!

ZellerFTW

There is a product out there for car finishes right now called CQuartz. It is apparently nano quartz particles encased in some sort of chemical delivery system that truly does add solid, real protection to a car's paint. Many people use it on glass, plastic trim, chrome, and rubber surfaces to great effect.

I wonder if this might be a viable option for protection of polished surfaces or even plated surfaces... The YouTube videos are quite convincing.

wolfpacker

The new nano coatings are the real deal. I personally use Opti coat but have used some of CQuartz's other products. I detail as a side business and these nano coatings on wheels and exhaust pipes are amazing and offer lifetime protection. Never thought of using my coatings on my watches as the coatings are so expensive and what I get for just one application will almost by me a new rep!

moredhel

I do use a vehicle carnauba cleaning wax on my watches.

Cleans up the muck, with added layer of shine and protection for the crystal(leaves it silky smooth), dust doesn't get a foothold on buffed areas.

Oh, for mineral crystals, added on applications(3rd onwards) gives it a sapphire-like shine and beads away water too.