Sign in to follow this  
hank bakels

Idea for next project -- any thoughts?

hank bakels

Hi All,

Well its official, i am officially obsessed with finding new things to do to reps and what to do.

Some of you may know of a PVD DSSD that has been recently modded. Now I am fixating on some of the very small details that are not consistent with the gen, etc. Namely the He valve being stainless finish versus DLC coated, parts of the case having a glossy finish where the gen has a matte finish. the "ring lock system" text being white, while the gen has it being black, and the CG's being way too big. I put some photos of what i mean below so you can see what i am talking about.

image_zps615d0419.jpeg

image_3_zps188e285c.jpeg

image_2_zps58a2e587.jpeg

I am very happy with the watch overall. BUT, being the perfectionist that I am, i am now thinking about buying a high end rep from BK or somebody and then having it modded so that it has proper DLC applied to it. Wondering if anybody has any experience with doing something like this? Do any of the modder's have the capability to do this well? Is it going to cost a shit-ton of money to do it? Will it be a quality mod from somebody here? What i dont want to have happen (which i have started to notice a little bit on my current DSSD) is for some of the DLC to chip off or scratch.

Let me know what you think? Always considering interesting projects.

GB

hank bakels

Bueller? ....anybody?

Luthier

There's no gen. black DSSD. All these mods doesn't worth an effort and money, it's just a replica, and will remain a replica.

But it's my personal opinion.

P.S. If you're perfectionist - shoot perfect pics, please.

Sparkal
There's no gen. black DSSD. All these mods doesn't worth an effort and money, it's just a replica, and will remain a replica.

I needed a laugh after the week I have had.

Thanks luth.

Op enjoy the watch and I hope you get it to a point you are happy with.

keep calm and carry watches

hank bakels

LOL....that crossed my mind right after posting the pics. Kinda hard to do so while in the office! I know there isn't a gen DLC Rolex, my question to the forum was/is...does anybody have experience buying a SS watch and sending it to a mod for DLC application? Is that extremely cost prohibitive?