Sign in to follow this  
NullMind

Steel bracelet for PO Chrono

NullMind

So I was able to do a great deal on a GEN PO chrono (version before current one, 2500 I believe) it came with a leather strap

I asked Omega for a steel strap (part number 1581/953) and they quoted me £540!!!!

Anybody have any ideas where I can get a oem steel strap for this watch ? Will a rep work ?

Ianp

Good choice. I'm sure other TD's also sell them but time shops have the bracelet for the 45mm size (22mm lugs) at a much more reasonable price and don't see why that wouldn't fit. Might be worth checking there or look for a full rep and swap the bracelet and you'll have 2 watches or not a lot more.

http://www.timeshops.net/watch-strap/2879-omega-planet-ocean-455mm-steel-band.html

NullMind

Dang, out of sock at TS :(

Crusader

I don't think you'll be happy with rep PO bracelet on your gen. Rep bracelet has weird gaps between the solid end link and first link on the bracelet, it doesn't look flush like gen.

You could get rep rubber strap and save for the gen bracelet in the mean time. I think that would be best option.

NullMind
I don't think you'll be happy with rep PO bracelet on your gen. Rep bracelet has weird gaps between the solid end link and first link on the bracelet, it doesn't look flush like gen.

You could get rep rubber strap and save for the gen bracelet in the mean time. I think that would be best option.

I actually have the gen rubber strap as well as the gen orange leather, I am thinking of getting a mesh one for now and save for the real one later :/

NullMind

But at 60 bucks for a rep strap, still not a bad price even if its until I get a gen

NullMind

Was able to find one for less :) ... Better than the £600 the omega shop was asking for it !!

Edited by NullMind

Realism

Ofrei has the gen Omega bracelet for sale

TheTinMan

I picked one up for $80 from one of the TDs. It was more than I wanted to pay, but he shipped it together with a watch so I didn't have to pay separate shipping, which would have cost $15-20 anyway. I know of the gap on the end link, hopefully it ain't too bad though.