Sign in to follow this  
sammysmiths

Collegue going to Thailand

sammysmiths

A work collegue is going to Thailand for a vacation in April and I was wondering if it would be worth me asking him to source me a Bell&Ross 01-94?

I have been admiring this watch for many months now and would love to buy one but cant really afford it at the moment.

Would it be readily available on the streets of Thailand/Bangkok and at a good price?

My friend knows nothing about watches so I would give him all the details (movement, size, colour, correct caseback with real screws etc).

I really want the top spec rep so how much money do you think I could save if he bartered hard?

Many thanks guys.

oscarmadfish

much better idea to contact mary or robert in the trusted dealers list sammy

KBH

From everything I've read, there are two problems. One is finding the high quality reps among the street vendors. And two, the prices from a good dealer here are not much different than what you pay over there. Remember the forum dealers are buying wholesale. while you'll be paying full retail. And if your buddy doesn't know much about what he's looking for you could end up being very disappointed.

trailboss99

Yup, most of what is on the streets of Thailand is crap.

PWC will no doubt chime in here and as a Thai based dealer he will tell you the same thing.

Col.

greg_r
A work collegue is going to Thailand for a vacation in April and I was wondering if it would be worth me asking him to source me a Bell&Ross 01-94?

I have been admiring this watch for many months now and would love to buy one but cant really afford it at the moment.

Would it be readily available on the streets of Thailand/Bangkok and at a good price?

My friend knows nothing about watches so I would give him all the details (movement, size, colour, correct caseback with real screws etc).

I really want the top spec rep so how much money do you think I could save if he bartered hard?

Many thanks guys.

All you're likely to find on the streets of Bankok is high-priced junk. I expect one of our dealers - Prestigewatchco - will be along at some point to tell you the score as he's based in BK :)

Frankly, you're likely to do better mailordering from one of the recommended dealers.

Welcome to RWG! :)

dingle

welcome sammy! the others are right. It will be hard to beat PWC's price and quality.

prestigewatchco

Unless your pal finds one of a handful of sellers that sell better grade watches all he will find is low grade watches.

If he does happen on a seller that has higher grade expect to pay similar or more than you would from a forum dealer.

BKK is not to be confused with GZ while there are loads of watches on the street or sale finding anything like the quality offered by forum dealers is close to impossible

sammysmiths
Unless your pal finds one of a handful of sellers that sell better grade watches all he will find is low grade watches.

If he does happen on a seller that has higher grade expect to pay similar or more than you would from a forum dealer.

BKK is not to be confused with GZ while there are loads of watches on the street or sale finding anything like the quality offered by forum dealers is close to impossible

Thanks everyone. I'll continue saving then. I knew that was the answer I was going to get and yes, you are all correct and I should have known better. Slap on the wrist for me. Bring on the B&R.

trailboss99

No harm in asking mate. If ya don't ask you will never know.

Col.