Sign in to follow this  
yawn

Help with super rep tag monaco project pls

yawn

hello, i m currently trying to pull off some modifications on my monaco, but there are several issues I m looking for expert advises,

i bought my monaco few weeks ago and i loved it, but i didn't pay attention when inspecting qc shots and latterly found the dw is misaligned as shown in photo below.

287gbpu.jpg

33m1i6d.jpg

movement of watch is an Asian 7750 automatic chronograph movement; can anyone advise me which replacement dw should i look for and if there is any other way to slove this issue?

and when i compare the watch with gen, there are singificant tells like the colour of screw from rep is same as the blue dial, whereas gen has stainless screws, but does anyone know if i can take off these screws or they are sticked on dial? (i ll know when the modder receive the watch but if anyone know I could decided either to buy some after market screws or just paint over the damn thing)

other mod in this project

-white paint under logo

-double ar

-movement service

-relume

-get a customised made kick ass strap worth more than the rep

thank you for your time.

yawn

Luthier

Buy gen, it would be cheaper, than all these mods.

yawn
Buy gen, it would be cheaper, than all these mods.

Gen costs like 10k tho, I m thinking spending another 1k to get most things right.

vonGluberschmidt

it's your money....

at the end of the day:

1- everyone that's knowledgeable about watches will know it's a fake. That particular model was produced in such a low number, it's obvious.

2- all the money you spend on it won't make it one bit more reliable.

3- you still won't have a warranty

Just enjoy it as is.

it's a fun piece. High end reps of it from Mary were really good. Not cheap, but quite well done.

10:10 Watch Repair

you will find people who will take your money, but IMO you won't find anyone who can do what you want.

yawn

it's your money....

at the end of the day:

1- everyone that's knowledgeable about watches will know it's a fake. That particular model was produced in such a low number, it's obvious.

2- all the money you spend on it won't make it one bit more reliable.

3- you still won't have a warranty

Just enjoy it as is.

it's a fun piece. High end reps of it from Mary were really good. Not cheap, but quite well done.

i think this is the most recent ( which i assume would be the top quality one, bought it around $360 from PT)

the thing is my gf is about to open a boutique store and i like to put my watch on display (not for sale tho) and generate some interest for people so she can sell some homage watches (it is leagal right?). pretty much the whole reason i want to put some franken reps/gens on display, i really like this piece but wow, i cannot find a single gen photo online/on youtube too! all i can find are replica, i can only judge from the dam CG photo from tag website. i assume I can get most thing right on dial, none would get feel on it since i will be locked in display box.

vonGluberschmidt

nothing screams "cheap" like putting replica watches (even "Frankens") on display.

and if you get caught.....

you will be in deep shit.

Seriously, if she wants to sell homage watches, then put homage watches in the display.

putting replica watches out for the public to see in a retail space is only asking for trouble.

...and I stand by my previous comment about the Monaco being produced in low numbers. It screams fake to anyone in the know. Putting it on display is just silly.

Chris from 10:10 also confirmed what I expected....

I would like to correct the sunken date in my 7753 movement.... that cannot be done reliably at any price, unless I buy a gen movement.

So I get where you are coming from.

Its just not logical.

yawn

nothing screams "cheap" like putting replica watches (even "Frankens") on display.

and if you get caught.....

you will be in deep shit.

Seriously, if she wants to sell homage watches, then put homage watches in the display.

putting replica watches out for the public to see in a retail space is only asking for trouble.

...and I stand by my previous comment about the Monaco being produced in low numbers. It screams fake to anyone in the know. Putting it on display is just silly.

Chris from 10:10 also confirmed what I expected....

I would like to correct the sunken date in my 7753 movement.... that cannot be done reliably at any price, unless I buy a gen movement.

So I get where you are coming from.

Its just not logical.

dude you make perfect sense, ty for clearing things up, i think i ll just put gens on display then,

vonGluberschmidt

I saw this concept watch in watchtime magazine years ago...

it was on display at baselworld. There are a few videos of it... nothing notable.

mostly renderings and CGI stuff.

there is a facebook page claiming they have pics of it from baselworld, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

just for reference :)

https://www.facebook...87119514&type=3

Edited by vonGluberschmidt

yawn

you will find people who will take your money, but IMO you won't find anyone who can do what you want.

true, maybe i should just use this watch as project watch to mess around.