Sign in to follow this  
Bwoo

legality & likelihood of getting credit card cloned or not receiving watch

Bwoo

Hi, I am lusting after Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 24 or just a standard Classic Blue version. I know nothing about replicas as have always bought genuine item before. is it legal to buy and what is the probability of being scammed? is there any way to verify any of your claims? I really hope so as I can't stretch to £10k for a watch!

fana05

Stick to the Trusted Dealers on this Forum and don't stray (except maybe to other Trusted Dealers on other Fora) and you'll be fine

onionbag

Hello and welcome.

You won't get scammed by any of our Trusted Dealers.

Is it illegal to buy?..........Usually not, dependant where you live.

If you don't believe our claims..............have a read at any off-topic forum thread, ye'll definitely no' believe that either

arcticarcher

Have a look at our Trusted Dealers section, and stick to those dealers for a pain free transaction. I recommend Toro ^_^

houndoggie

Paypal to purchase.

Any dealer in the trusted dealer section is legit.

The legality depends on where you live.

onionbag

I see that you're in the UK, so no worries there over illegalities, altho' we've had a number of customs seizures in the last few months.

Plenty of UK members here.

Bwoo

Thanks for your replies. one other quick question - on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being pants and 10 being stellar, how do replicas rate compared to original? I am not so bothered about timekeeping, just the feel and look. Ta.

houndoggie

Thanks for your replies. one other quick question - on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being pants and 10 being stellar, how do replicas rate compared to original? I am not so bothered about timekeeping, just the feel and look. Ta.

that really depends on what replica. Some are really amazing, some are horseshit.

onionbag

I've a quartz Tag Monaco 24h Concept........on a scale of 1-10...........it's a 1. But well made, and a wee bit of fun to wear......it's actually my daughter's.

7478121536_11fc776116.jpg

Tag Heuer Monaco Concept Quartz. by Chisholm Maggs, on Flickr

Bwoo

that really depends on what replica. Some are really amazing, some are horseshit.

Can you recommend any really amazing ones? Nothing tasteful though!

houndoggie

learn to like Panerai, because there are a lot of great Panerai reps.

my suggestion is to look through the wrist shot threads to see what people are wearing and what you think you like.

fetasigma

it also depends on how finiky you are about details.....some are pretty good copies that have little bitty things off that stand out like a sore thumb to us rep and gen guys but would never be noticed by anyone else......the higher the price the better the quality too, but there are some good cheap buys out there

HeavyKrush

learn to like Panerai, because there are a lot of great Panerai reps.

my suggestion is to look through the wrist shot threads to see what people are wearing and what you think you like.

+1. Listen to the hound dog.

TAGster

If your are looking for TAG Heuer Monaco replicas, your search results will be very narrow due to the fact that model is not, let say, very popular in the replica game. I think the most reps available you´ll find are quartz. I started on this game by looking also for a nice TAG Heuer Monaco rep (that´s where my nickname comes from) and I ended up getting an LS model for a good price (cheapie) from one of our TD, it looked ok for me at that time but as I got more involved on this game I can now say that watch is not a great rep. Anyways I still like it, it looks good on the wrist and sometimes receive some compliments.

If you want a better rep, then my advice would be to check PAMs, Rolexes and Omegas, but if you still want a nice TAG Heuer, then there is an ultimate Carrera rep.

Cheers mate and welcome to the nut house!!

Rustynail240

Some of the TD's will give an honest opinion as to weather the replica is great or not, also the photo's posted on the website are of the same watch you will receive.

RichardMiami

This watch, on your 1 to 10 scale, is a 0 - it doesn't exist. the tell is so wrong, you can see it a mile away! However, it is one of the most popular reps on this forum... those of us who own it, just don't care that AP never made the diver with a white face!

CameraZOOM-20130112152839777.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130112154722890.jpg