Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

New ceramic PO reps debut

dipps

Need Another!

Mattr845

great looking watches. I ve been waiting ages for a good version of these :)

dator

They look really good. Wonder what they've done with the case-back ... if anything(?)

dejavu157

I want one!

Higs

The first thing I need to say (and I've said it before) is that I don't really understand the Omega range and the reps available very well.

However a little while ago I bought a cheap/cheerful blue 'Ceramic' PO because I liked the look of it and understanding that it almost certainly isn't the greatest (closest to gen) rep out there.

Just for my on-going education, can I ask the experts to cast an eye over it and tell me:

• where mine 'fails' as a rep against the gen
  • where these new reps are better

Cheers,

Higs

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2712.JPG

Crusader

Looks really good, 42mm with silver numbers for me please.

Now we need to take bets on price. I say it will be $328.. or more.

Edited by Crusader

beathead

Nice watch Higs!

not_finbar

I think there are reps and gens in the Trusty Time pic. You can spot the reps with the numbers being too close to the inner edge of the bezel (maybe...)

fellowsis
The first thing I need to say (and I've said it before) is that I don't really understand the Omega range and the reps available very well.

However a little while ago I bought a cheap/cheerful blue 'Ceramic' PO because I liked the look of it and understanding that it almost certainly isn't the greatest (closest to gen) rep out there.

Just for my on-going education, can I ask the experts to cast an eye over it and tell me:

Cheers,

Higs

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2712.JPG

Higs,

There are a couple of flaws on that PO, the HE valve is placed in line with the 50/10 marker, when it should be skewed to the right. There is no anti-counterfeit mark on the caseback, the bezel is all wrong and so is the blue colour. HOWEVER, I really like that model, almost pulled the trigger on one a couple weeks ago.

madhouse

I want one!!

g.man

FINALLY!

BaggyPants

Cheers,

Higs

The tells are:

Gen has square markers at 3, 6, 9 and 12

Numbers 6 and 9 are joined up on gen, not with a gap like the previous Planet Oceans

Gen bezel has a coin edge like the PO42, not like the scalloped edge of the 45.5

Gen crown has chunkier appearance to it, whereas yours is just a PO crown.

The pearl goes without saying

These are all rectified on this version.

I still like yours though mate :)

BaggyPants

I think there are reps and gens in the Trusty Time pic. You can spot the reps with the numbers being too close to the inner edge of the bezel (maybe...)

That's because you're looking at two models, the 42 and the 42.5. On the 42, the numbers are nearer to the inside edge compared to the 45.5. It is a bit of a tell, because they should be nearer to the outside edge on both.

cedric

Is it just me or have I seen a post recently here or the other rwg where someone has one already?

Bracelet let it down in that thread from what I can remember. Not as good as the V5.112233565411254411

No, it was the liquid metal PO, not the ceramic, and from the look of the pearl it was a cheaper rep.

Liquid metal PO is ceramic.

http://www.puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ss-black-ceramic-on-bracelet-a2836/

Edited by cedric

razorblade

Is it just me or have I seen a post recently here or the other rwg where someone has one already?

Bracelet let it down in that thread from what I can remember. Not as good as the V5.112233565411254411

No, it was the liquid metal PO, not the ceramic, and from the look of the pearl it was a cheaper rep.

http://www.puretime....bracelet-a2836/

Do your homework. There is a limited run of Liquid Metals, and also the current Ceramic POs. They're NOT the same.

BaggyPants

http://www.puretime....bracelet-a2836/

Errrrrr ………. no it isn't. It has the polished ceramic bezel, but they are two different animals. Do your homework before making an idiot of yourself in your first post :rolleyes:

cedric

Sorry for my stupidity.

Liquid metal is ceramic but in limited edition ?

Or it is an other thing ?

Without the Liquid metal inscription in back and Zr02 in dial ?

Edited by cedric

sgtguk

Can't wait to see some decent pics of these, just hope their awesome right from the start, hope they get the bracelet right as it's a cracker :thumbsup2:

Edited by sgtguk

not_finbar

That's because you're looking at two models, the 42 and the 42.5. On the 42, the numbers are nearer to the inside edge compared to the 45.5. It is a bit of a tell, because they should be nearer to the outside edge on both.

Good knowledge, thanks for the clarification.

sgtguk

Sorry for my stupidity.

Liquid metal is ceramic but in limited edition ?

Or it is an other thing ?

Without the Liquid metal inscription in back and Zr02 in dial ?

Your not stupid cedric :coffee2: the Titanium Liquid metal does indeed have a ceramic bezel, a bloody nice piece in Gen form at least :D

razorblade

Have to say the initial pictures look fairly accurate to gen, i'm pumped.

BaggyPants

Ceramic on left, Liquid metal on right:

Ceramic-LM_zps9c040fe5.jpg

The Liquid Metal is basically a standard Planet Ocean with a ceramic bezel, glossy dial and red "Seamaster" logo. The Ceramic has new crown and He valve, square markers at 12,3,6 and 9, joined up 6 and 9 numbers, and chunkier hands. The bezel edge is the "coin" type, but has less teeth than the LM and PO42. It is similar style to the PO42, but has 60 teeth on both available sizes, like the normal PO45.5. The second hand is very different.

ATEspo

I may have to add an Omega to my box...these look nice.

But not only will I have to decided on a color but a size too??? WTF

Indigo38

Have to say the initial pictures look fairly accurate to gen, i'm pumped.

+1

houndoggie

pic on trusty site has both 42mm and 45.5mm reps (I think).

Should be a winner here.