Sign in to follow this  
dvcspl

Rolex Sub C Comparison [warning. pic heavy y'all]

dvcspl

Ok, so I got a Sub C from Toro a while back as one of my main first purchases, and then I saw Stan(WBK) over on RG selling another Sub C from BP Maker and he was CONUS so i figured, why the hell not. I have no idea who made the one Toro sells...so here is an in depth picture glossary of the two side by side.

over all, the BP sub is really good for 145 shipped. i paid 128 plus shipping for the sub from Toro. the BP bezel insert has some wonkyness to it, especially the "30" on the bottom being a little off center. both pearls are ...eh. the bracelet on the Toro sub has more of the "gen" feel than the BP sub.. the glidelock on the Toro sub is almost perfect vs the BP is hard to use and slips a lot so far ive found. In person they both look incredible, but both have some tell tales. the printing on the Toro is MUCH better than the BP, but the BP seems to have the better date font i think..maybe im wrong. both are 21J movements, and so far keep good time.

for 145 shipped from inside CONUS and 3 day delivery... i think the BP sub is well worth it.. but i chose to catch and release the BP sub to a coworker. i still like the toro sub c better. im sure im missing a ton of shit but ill try to answer some questions if there are any.

heres some pics for your enjoyment. the BP sub has the "white" pearl and the Toro sub has the "milky" pearl.... best terms i can think of right now haha

img1634yd.jpg

img1635v.jpg

img1636ot.jpg

img1637hx.jpg

img1638xd.jpg

img1639g.jpg

img1640fhl.jpg

img1642rc.jpg

img1643r.jpg

img1644az.jpg

img1645ls.jpg

img1646i.jpg

img1647nv.jpg

img1648zn.jpg

img1649vn.jpg

img1651n.jpg

img1652vn.jpg

img1653z.jpg

img1655en.jpg

HeavyKrush

Man, I cannot believe you posted this. I am at this very moment trying to figure out which of these two to buy. Crazy. Having owned, (and trashed), the BP sub from Stan, I can say the bezel was not that great. The Glidelock on the other hand was perfect. Thinking the Toro sub gets the nod, but you can't beat 3 days from order to doorstep with WBK.

dvcspl

I promise you would not be disappointed with the Toro ceramic sub. If you can afford it, I would spring for the Swiss movement. My best friend works at a local rlx AD(he has a TON of reps, so no worries), and he messed around with my Toro sub and he said from just seeing it on the wrist, he would never question it being a rep, until he looked at it closer and he felt the bracelet, not being "buttery smooth" like he said the gen's are, and the lack of AR coating on the cyclops would be dead giveaways in the hand...

then i showed him the TC sub, and he said if the bracelet felt like a gen, he would only be able to tell if he opened the case haha

Edited by dvcspl

solkryssare

I promise you would not be disappointed with the Toro ceramic sub. If you can afford it, I would spring for the Swiss movement. My best friend works at a local rlx AD(he has a TON of reps, so no worries), and he messed around with my Toro sub and he said from just seeing it on the wrist, he would never question it being a rep, until he looked at it closer and he felt the bracelet, not being "buttery smooth" like he said the gen's are, and the lack of AR coating on the cyclops would be dead giveaways in the hand...

then i showed him the TC sub, and he said if the bracelet felt like a gen, he would only be able to tell if he opened the case haha

Nice comparison. Thanks mate!

Are you sure thats a BP though? The pearl looks different and the space in "OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED" looks wider than on the BP's. I may very well be mistaken, it just looks different than the others I've seen

Edit. Or that is the BP V1 version. There is a V2 as well out there I think.....

TyLoper

Nice posting! they both look acceptable to me!

dvcspl

Nice comparison. Thanks mate!

Are you sure thats a BP though? The pearl looks different and the space in "OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED" looks wider than on the BP's. I may very well be mistaken, it just looks different than the others I've seen

Edit. Or that is the BP V1 version. There is a V2 as well out there I think.....

It has to be the V1... I saw someone review another BP sub on RG, and everything was WAY different.