Sign in to follow this  
t4orce

Preferred Postage Options?

t4orce

Just wanting to get a feeler from the members out there what the preferred postage option is?

I have opted for EMS which is about a 10 day turnaround from Asia to Australia. I've bought numerous things over the years and whilst it's not super fast, it is very reliable and predictable.

Recently, I decided to shell out and use DHL. It took 1 day from Asia to Australia - fantastic!! However, processing is a b!tch and that took a few days. Got excited when I got an update this morning stating that the parcel is with the delivery driver. However, my parcel has been sitting in the delivery van all day and looks not to arrive today either as it is now close of business. Rang DHL and they were polite but not particularly helpful.

So... wondering if DHL is worth it and do most members here go with the normal EMS delivery?

Member X

All shipping methods have their drawbacks - either timescales, customs risks or charges.

I think I've used airmail, EMS, DHL... and only lost two watches so far, during the Olympics Customs blitz.

MIhomie

i only used EMS so far no issues, both arrived in about 7 days from date of shipping.