Sign in to follow this  
TAGster

Interesting gen vintage watches on ebay

TAGster

I´m not sure if someone has posted this before, but today I was just browsing eBay and came up with a store that has many vintage watches on sale, mainly Rolexes and Omegas.

From my newbie point of view on this kind of pieces, they look good and the prices are reasonable too. Here is one of this watches:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item460c3dd8b2

The store has a 100% positive feedback from more than 20,000 users, so even though they are located somewhere in India I think they are legit.

Well, hope this helps for those of you that are looking to get this kind of watches.

Cheers!!

PS. I hope this thread goes here, if not admins please move it to the correct sub-forum.

Edited by TAGster

James.

That dial looks very badly refurbished

machiavegli

I've bought vintage gen from one of the eBay india vintage sellers... ALWAYS look at the diameter because many of the older watches (fine or lower cost) are thin and small compared to modern watches.

Personally, I've had my eye on another kind of vintage, the pocketwatch to wristwatch conversion. Lots available from Ukraine but a lot are likely fake-old (like Poljot pocketwatches reengraved as Omega), and they're BIG too.

-Mach

James.

I've bought vintage gen from one of the eBay india vintage sellers... ALWAYS look at the diameter because many of the older watches (fine or lower cost) are thin and small compared to modern watches.

Personally, I've had my eye on another kind of vintage, the pocketwatch to wristwatch conversion. Lots available from Ukraine but a lot are likely fake-old (like Poljot pocketwatches reengraved as Omega), and they're BIG too.

-Mach

Stay away from those dodgy dealers! I even think the esteemed Archie luxury did a piece about them.

Yes, a lot of the vintage lines are very small, 37mm is some of the largest you'll find...

court

I'd rather thay didn't repaint the dials if I'm honest.

acid_luving

They raped the beauty of the watches by repainting them.

The movement may be good.

It might be a good idea to buy one of these and remove the movement and put it on a UPO if it can be done.