Sign in to follow this  
derf

Just a girl looking for something shiny

derf

Hi boys,

I've been a member for a little while now, but have not really posted. About a year and a half ago I was on this site looking to purchase a Cartier for myself. The last form of communication that I had with a rep was with Robert - after coming back to the site last night, I was sad to hear that he passed away :( - he was very nice and patient with me in his PMs

I'm still looking to get a watch for myself. I am leaning towards either one of these

1) http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=15233

2) http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...&hl=cartier

This is what Robert last said to me about the two "They are both the same grade the chrono is substantially bigger than the non chrono even though they are both xl models, if you don't need a chrono the non chrono is possibly best as it's a far more usable everyday watch . Quality of either is the same"

So, now I am back and looking for a new watch not just for myself but for my brother.

My kid brother is just graduated from law school on the east coast and he's moving to DC (he'll be working for a senator) he's also broke, but wants a nice watch to wear. I want to get him one from one of the trusted dealers here, would you guys mind pointing me in the right direction? My budget is about $200-350 - I want the nicest and most realistic looking replica that's not too flashy. Any recommendations?

As for myself, my budget is about the same... I am just looking for the most realistic watch that I can regularly wear, something with balls ;) but still feminine. I like Bvlgari, Cartier, Chanel, etc. Any suggestions? please point me in the right directions. Thanks!

Edited by derf

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

It's Chinese New Year very soon, so no reps will be moving for a wee while yet, take the time to familiarise yourself with all the dealers.

Good luck.

houndoggie

Torobravo is very good. However, now is a bad time to order anything from China due the the Chinese New Year, where everything stops.

Are you still wanting the Cartier for yourself? Your budget really doesn't preclude anything so you can get a very nice watch.

There are lots of nice color options with some of the Hublot reps.. are you looking for something purple and shiny?

Welcome to the forum.

razorblade

I prefer the non chrono Santos for the clean look. The first feminine watch that pops out in my mind is the Chanel J12 though. You can also consider the Omega Ladymatic.

For your brother you can probably consider the Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m or Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (42mm?).

Happy hunting!

Ped

i dont have anything constructive to add, but what i will say is the fact that you have said you are a girl means you will get LOTS of help here!

good luck with the search, there is soooooooo much to choose from

p

Luthier

Buy 40mm Panerai, you'll be happy, trust me. Don't go for Cartier, or Omega, it's too common. My wife has very tiny wrist, and she wear 40mm PAM, and got compliments every time. Another choice - Franck Muller, very feminine, but with some balls.

;)

PAM168.jpg

FM.jpg

trailboss99

Well, for yourself you can't go past the Santos, it's a nice bullet proof rep and a reasonable size for lass who prefers something a bit bigger than the normal "girls" stuff.

Now your brother. You are correct in saying it must be believable, no good him flashing a rep of a 10k watch if he's poor is it? I'd stick to watches with a price tag of less than 3k or so in gen form. I would have said Ebel Discovery but they are are unobtainium now. Maybe a Omega Seamaster, it's good enough for Prince William after all. A TAG maybe?

EDIT: I see the guys agree on the choices for your brother.

The first feminine watch that pops out in my mind is the Chanel J12 though.

Man, she said with balls, a J12 does not have balls :P

trailboss99

Bit pricey for an intern HD? Even a legal one.

Burnleybezel

Got my wife this.

IMG_9474.jpg

slaughterer

Hublot Caviar (white or black): this is a really elegant woman's watch.

derf

Thanks guys for the quick responses! I'm in between classes right now, so I might not be able to respond for another hour or so when I get out of the class that I am in right now. The thing is I'm a TOTAL NOOB about this and frankly don't know how to describe the specific portions of a watch that I like... is there an infograph that provides the correct terminology and explains the acronyms?

Okay here's the best way that I can describe it (please forgive me for what I am about to write) When I first started looking I liked the Cartier that Robert showed me, but now I don't think that I want it to have the leather - I *think* that I like the metal strap (correct word?) better. I don't know why, I just figure that the leather one will irritate my skin and fall apart eventually. I take bracelets and watches off a few times a day while working out, so I don't want it to fall apart. For you guys who have both types of watches, do you prefer one over the other? is this something that I should even be worried about or I am just over thinking it?

Thanks again for the quick response.

Edited by derf

derf

Got my wife this.

IMG_9474.jpg

What's the name of that watch? info on it?

houndoggie
Bit pricey for an intern HD? Even a legal one.

Used ones are reasonable

Luthier

Omega Ladymatic. Bling.

P.S. Leather straps don't fell apart. Steel bracelets do, and bracelets irritate skin way more, than leather.

But!!! I love bracelets more, even for women.

houndoggie
Omega Ladymatic. Bling.

P.S. Leather straps don't fell apart. Steel bracelets do, and bracelets irritate skin way more, than leather.

But!!! I love bracelets more, even for women.

Agree. Plus a new strap is far easier to replace than a bracelet.

derf

On a sidenote... when it comes to you guys, how much does the image of a brand play a factor into choosing a watch? for me and some other girls the brand sometimes matters a little more than the aesthetic quality of our accessories or even clothes. How much does that factor into things for you guys? I am only thinking of this because I know for a fact that some girls that I know would prefer a Bvlgari or Cartier over an Omega, even if they like the look of an Omega a lot more, just because it's Cartier/Bvlgari are known to be more couture brands while Omega is more of masculine solid yet practical brand.

derf

Omega Ladymatic. Bling.

Nothing wrong w/ more Bling. Now lets try to combination of bling + balls

houndoggie
On a sidenote... when it comes to you guys, how much does the image of a brand play a factor into choosing a watch? for me and some other girls the brand sometimes matters a little more than the aesthetic quality of our accessories or even clothes. How much does that factor into things for you guys? I am only thinking of this because I know for a fact that some girls that I know would prefer a Bvlgari or Cartier over an Omega, even if they like the look of an Omega a lot more, just because it's Cartier/Bvlgari are known to be more couture brands while Omega is more of masculine solid yet practical brand.

In horology, Omega has a very well respected name.

Most women nowadays wear men's rolex, Cartier, Chanel, or similar.

derf

In horology, Omega has a very well respected name.

Most women nowadays wear men's rolex, Cartier, Chanel, or similar.

Of course Omega is VERY well respected, but I don't think that most women care about that... I mean come on, do you see how much we spend on Marc Jacobs clothes, yet isn't it ironic that most of his sweaters look like your grandfathers that were donated to the thrift store?

Anyway, I checked out the Chanel J12, do not like it at all. the the edge reminds of a poorly designed CAD halo portion of a ring. no thanks.

Also everyone has one now, it's like a coach bag.

Edited by derf

trailboss99

Told you lot a J12 wouldn't cut it :)

Kaiser

How about the Cartier Roadster? Got my wife one some time ago

d62ecf0b08446300d65032f6aff41a61.jpg

diplosa

Balls?

gatorballs.jpg

or buy a pam.