Sign in to follow this  
derf

Just a girl looking for something shiny

Realism

what a girl wants, what a girl needs.....

derf

How about the Cartier Roadster? Got my wife one some time ago

d62ecf0b08446300d65032f6aff41a61.jpg

I like that A LOT. Alright so it's between this one and the Omega for one. Still confused and undecided about the one for my bro... notice btw, how I came here for him yet somehow have forgotten about his gift. Alright, so between this one and the Omega, who are some of best sellers to go with?

Wriggles

Any of the TD's on the trusted dealer list will see you right, just send them photos of the watch you want and they'll come back with price and availability....except it's just about the start of Chinese New Year so you won't be likely to get a response before end of February.

Here's a thread about the closing days of the dealers for CNY

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=42422

While you're waiting you can scan through the reviews of the watches you are interested in at the review section, and the feeback for each particular dealer to see if one has supplied any of the watches you want before and what peoples experiences of that were.

Good luck and enjoy the reading

derf

Told you lot a J12 wouldn't cut it :)

While I don't know anything about watches, I do know A LOT about well made, handcrafted jewelry design. I don't make or sell any, I just know a lot about metal work/design and I love gems ;) if any of you ever plan on getting engaged, please feel free to ask me questions (you can check out my commentary over at Pricescope, which is a site similar to this one but mainly for diamonds and jewelry education) - Anyway, I think that's what made me scrunch my nose at the J12. Whatever that ring is called around the face of the watch ruins what the watch could have been it. I just couldn't get that past that on the J12. If I had to wear that watch, I would spend too much time looking down while trying to keep myself from ripping that piece off.

BTW, I like learning about this stuff in general, so what is that piece that I don't like on the J12 watch called? Also, do you guys have an infograph or something that explains the various names of watch parts, or what type of base metals, leather, materials etc are used in both the real and replica pieces? Thanks again!

I like making these little graphs, so here's what I mean.

jjjtitled.jpg

Can you tell that I really don't like it?

Edited by derf

trailboss99

You mean the bit covered in Diamonds on that particular J12? That would be the bezel. Not all J12s are dripping in diamonds mind you.

You asked about a glossary yesterday, I'm surprised the hordes have not supplied the link: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6210

trailboss99

Yup, it sure is. You will need to click the link, wait until the front page of pc8838 opens and click on it again to get to the page.

Is the gen a quartz Solks?

derf

You mean the bit covered in Diamonds on that particular J12? That would be the bezel. Not all J12s are dripping in diamonds mind you.

You asked about a glossary yesterday, I'm surprised the hordes have not supplied the link: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6210

Hmmm, no. The bezel set diamonds are alright - although you have to be really careful w/ getting simulated diamonds that are baguette cut, it's easier to spot a fake baguette than it is to spot a round cut diamond.

I am talking about the metal zig zag circle outside of the bezel cut. That's my biggest turn off.

houndoggie

The Hublot caviar in black looks spectacular. I'm definite getting one for my mistress.

trailboss99

You asked about a glossary yesterday, I'm surprised the hordes have not supplied the link: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6210

Hmmm, no. The bezel set diamonds are alright - although you have to be really careful w/ getting simulated diamonds that are baguette cut, it's easier to spot a fake baguette than it is to spot a round cut diamond.

I am talking about the metal zig zag circle outside of the bezel cut. That's my biggest turn off.

Still part of the bezel, just the outer edge of it.

HeavyKrush

Pick up a Rolex Yachmaster. It'll go great with your CAbi collection!

f1f1ea3688298d37eb3dd747ab6c3bbe.jpg