Sign in to follow this  
JLH

New Avenger Skyland

JLH

Ok...here it goes. Found this forum in the begining of December. Read tons of threads, did loads of homework, and got a good idea of what I really wanted in my first rep. Picked the dealer that had had the most desireable options at the (what seemed like at the time) price point I was looking for. Got the balls to pull the trigger and place the order... then waited for confirmation... then waited...and waited. Qc pics arived. I gave it the go ahead... then waited ( I remember someone on this forum mentioning patience...who was that? Oh yeah... everyone). Got tracking info and checked its progress every 15 minutes for a week. Got pissed that it had cleared customs and was still in L.A. after four days. Walked out the front door to get in the car for a weekend trip only to meet the mailman asking me to sign for a well travelled package from China... Hook, line, sinker.

2013-01-26111316_zps9c70cfb3.jpg

2013-01-26111137_zpsf9767da9.jpg

2013-01-26111116_zps5c0ba452.jpg

Thanks for showing me how it's done guys!

onzenuub

Looking great.

HWG

Its an amazing watch, but whats up with your datewheel?

Mine says hello:

0F4E549D-6E7E-4386-AA7B-3E2DD2611EBD-10556-000003CE366E3AA1.jpg

Baz1872

Nice pick up, wear it well!!

Luthier

Why did you buy V1, if V2 is available?

Corv99

lovely watch...

is the date wheel not its heading for 12 so on its way to next day?

houndoggie

OP watch is a super avenger, while Dave's watch is the avenger skyland.

Corv99

and is it not an SA too?

slow am i

Burnleybezel

Love the white dial.

B.B

Hazz

Looks Good

BadPickle

Nice pick up. Very nice.

JLH

It's an avenger skyland 45, and yeah the date is changing a noon..my bad.

dejavu157

This is a Super Avenger. The Avenger Skyland (now just called Avenger only) has a printed on logo.

The Avenger(Skyland) v3 JUST came out in white. It should look like HWG's as all the other Avengers (Skyland) look like this.

http://puretime.co/p...7-09-01_enl.jpg

Another good tell is, since the white only comes in V3, the number "1" in "15" should have a flag look, not like yours where it's more of a number "1". The "1" on yours is closer to Gens.

You can see by how different the "8" is cropped as well. If you look close at your chronos dials, you should see the ridges should be on the right. Avengers have them on the left).

The chrono pushers on yours is also shorter than HWG's

As Luthier said you have a v1 Super Avenger. He should know because he has the exact one. Don't believe? You can measure your watch again.

Even though yours is not a Avenger, be happy that you can FIT a Super Avenger as they are a lot nicer than the Avengers. I am jealous that you can pull it off!

Hendricks

"Avenge® is Sweet"

Details...where & how$$$. Do you like the bracelet?

JLH

Whoa...What do you know! Did my homework but flunked the test ( I guess that's what I get for copying off others this whole time). What a wonderful mistake on my part I have to say. I'm not too pumped on the bracelet...mostly the logo on the clasp is a bit too obviously "stamped" and not really heavy enough. Got it from perfect clones...not quite sure what I paid until I get my credit card statement (apparently there is a little referenced conversion factor from U.S. to Singapore dollars that I wasn't aware of). It started @$298... but with shipping and conversion... who knows?

akrolex123

sweet watch