Sign in to follow this  
jmac3789

Breitling SS bracelets

jmac3789

I've been looking at Breitling reps for a while now. Ultimately I decided to go with a PAM 111 from BK for my first rep but I've officially caught the bug and am looking at Breitling. A friend of mine recently bought an avenger from a TD and is very happy with the overall look of the watch. The case is so good that he is even considering (if possible) purchasing a gen bracelet for it. But that's just the point, he is somewhat disappointed with the SS bracelet. When looking at TD sites (Toro in particular) I notice that in the details for different models there are different descriptions of the bracelet material. Some of the bracelets are listed simply as "SS", some are listed as "316F SS" or "316L SS". The particular model that this friend ordered has a bracelet listed as just plain SS. Is this a lower grade steel than the 316 F/L? Hoping someone has some insight into this as I'd love a Breitling rep but a cheap feeling stainless steel strap would really annoy me to the point where I think I wouldn't even wear the watch!

Edited by jmac3789

houndoggie

AD sell gen watches.

houndoggie

Your friend should consider cleaning and oiling his bracelet for a better feel.

jmac3789

oops thanks. muscle memory at work!

houndoggie

It's not the steel used, it's the dirt and grime and lack of lube.

BaggyPants

It's not the steel used, it's the dirt and grime and lack of lube.

+1 It's astounding the difference a good clean with hot water and detergent, or WD40, and an old toothbrush will make. All my bracelets get the treatment, plus a soak in baby oil for a few hours, and they feel superb afterwards.

jmac3789

thanks guys, seems to make sense. now the wait for cny to end!!

Luthier

What the buzz about Breitling bracelets recently? I have 5, all great, no any problems, some 3 years old, some brand new, whatdahell is going on?

jeffw69

And I wouldn't get caught up in the 316F, 316L, etc. crap.