Sign in to follow this  
Netniet

What to buy, or not to buy? That's the question

Netniet

I can't make my mind up on which watch i should buy (probably both)

The first is the Noobfactory DSSD by BK: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6182, and the second is the PAM187 Submersible Ultimate Edition by Noobfactory: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=34589

The first one is really great looking, well build, and got some good reviews, but is it worth the $480? And the second one is just a bad ass need to have rep. What to do?

JohnPilot

Those watches are so different. Its a matter of taste before all other reflections.

I would go for the PAM, its a real joy to have it on the wrist. I had both and kept the PAM sold the DSSD.

Netniet

@JohnPilot, thx. I agree, they are totally different. The DSSD is the watch i would wear to the office, the PAM is for the weekend. What i want to know if they are worth the investment.

jeffw69
@JohnPilot, thx. I agree, they are totally different. The DSSD is the watch i would wear to the office, the PAM is for the weekend. What i want to know if they are worth the investment.

Worth the investment?

Sure, go or it.

Anything can be "worth the investment", just have to justify it in your head.

JohnPilot

Nobody can tell you that. For a good rep perfectly working the money is ok.

But you never know this at 100% before.

A good alternative M2M sales.

My 187 has now 3 years, ok I wear it not often 2-3 weeks a year, and it runs still perfectly.

greg_r

Buy the 187. Competely bloody awesome watch - contrary to others, I wear mine to the office frequently - at least once a week. :D

pam187gwrist-24-0112.JPG

black263

Buy the 187. Competely bloody awesome watch - contrary to others, I wear mine to the office frequently - at least once a week. :D

pam187gwrist-24-0112.JPG

Interesting that on your wrist the bezel and case look quite dark and subdued. On the MR site, its real in your face bright. http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=34589

JohnPilot

pam187gwrist-24-0112.JPG

Nice strap.

Higs

pam187gwrist-24-0112.JPG

Do you have your shirts made with a wide left cuff?

I have no issue wearing a big watch to the office but I don't think I'd get my 187 under the cuff of any of my shirts.

greg_r

Nope - standard shirt, standard cuff.

Interesting that on your wrist the bezel and case look quite dark and subdued. On the MR site, its real in your face bright. http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=34589

It's the lighting used in MR's photo - it's a brushed finish to the actual bezel - only the indices are polished, so they stand out from the bezel quite nicely.

Mechwarrior

in Italy are both weekend watch

dress watch are datejust ^_^

Edited by Mechwarrior

greg_r

Or Day/Date. Same here - but I don't wear dress watches to work very often ;)

Mechwarrior

yes, datejust was an example. Do not forget south europe people is smaller then northern or Usa (usually) ^_^

DR3M3L

Or Day/Date. Same here - but I don't wear dress watches to work very often ;)

Same here.. Also the green sub and gmt are watches worn often by my investors.

Netniet

Well, i have made up my mind, after some reading posts on the forum, i am going to buy the Rolex DSSD Ultimate (Correct 10) ETA 2836-2, and the PAM after CNY. And my very first rep, the PAM243 from H-factory is already on his way to Holland, and i hope to have it very soon.

Nisv
:thumbsup2: