Sign in to follow this  
H3X4GON

Hi All, need some help, noob here :/

H3X4GON

Hey guys, I'm relatively new here on the forum. Just joined a few weeks back, but this is my first post. Anyway, I have two questions, one of which probably sounds daft, but its worth a shot. First off, how do I measure my strap size? I'm thinking about purchasing a strap, but I'm not exactly sure what my size is. The basic straps that come with the watches I purchase fits me fine, but I'm not sure what the measurement for it are, and how to measure it.

Secondly, is there anyone who does waterproofing in the Australia/ New Zealand region? I really want to swim with my watch, but I don't want to damage it, and im not sure if i can just jump in a pool with it in its current state. I bought a PAM243 from timeshops.net about a month back, and the description said its waterproof >30m. I talked to Mark about this, and he said that all of his watches are not waterproof (as in safe to shower or swim in it). Anyway, thanks for reading, and any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BadPickle

Hi h3x, wrap a piece of string round your wrist, and measure the bit that goes all the way round.

As for waterproofing?? I seriously doubt it would be waterproof.

Welcome!!!

tanweekiat

Hi h3x, wrap a piece of string round your wrist, and measure the bit that goes all the way round.

As for waterproofing?? I seriously doubt it would be waterproof.

Welcome!!!

+1

As for swimming with watches, usually I will get watches with screw down crown.

I have no problem swimming with my Rolex Seadweller, Omega Planet Ocean, Omega Ploprof and Tag 500m Calibre

and of cos after it's waterproof and pressure tested.

Edited by tanweekiat

kutitomi

im looking for this watch, tanx

BIG_0010920574.jpg

tanweekiat

BIG_0010920574.jpg

Hi Buddy,

I don't think there's a decent rep for that model. You might want to email our Trusted Dealers(TDs) and inquire from them. Just bare that in mind, if our TDs don't have them, they don't exist. Don't fall victim to other websites that claim they have those.

greg_r

Hey guys, I'm relatively new here on the forum. Just joined a few weeks back, but this is my first post. Anyway, I have two questions, one of which probably sounds daft, but its worth a shot. First off, how do I measure my strap size? I'm thinking about purchasing a strap, but I'm not exactly sure what my size is. The basic straps that come with the watches I purchase fits me fine, but I'm not sure what the measurement for it are, and how to measure it.

Secondly, is there anyone who does waterproofing in the Australia/ New Zealand region? I really want to swim with my watch, but I don't want to damage it, and im not sure if i can just jump in a pool with it in its current state. I bought a PAM243 from timeshops.net about a month back, and the description said its waterproof >30m. I talked to Mark about this, and he said that all of his watches are not waterproof (as in safe to shower or swim in it). Anyway, thanks for reading, and any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Just get the watch pressure tested - most shopping malls have a little watch repair/strap replacement booth and many of those can handle pressure testing. It may well be okay out of the box - if it isn't, then getting the seals greased should only cost you a few dollars.

Arism

BIG_0010920574.jpg

Talk about threadcrapping. First post too. :facepalm:

Welcome OP! :)

You'll need to have the watch pressure tested and waterproofed. Most shopping centers have small watchsmiths willing to do that work.

Del

A strap size of 24/22mm, 115/75mm means:-

24mm width between the lugs (where the strap connects to the watch)

22mm width at the buckle (i.e. the strap is tapered so a 22mm buckle would be required)

115mm length of the side with the holes in it

75mm length of the side with the buckle on it.

So, you can measure the rep strap you have to see what size it is - you will find that there are standard strap sizes for each watch (the one I quoted above is normally the standard size for a 44mm PAM rep strap).

Hope this helps. ;)

H3X4GON

Hi guys, thanks for all the help, much appreciated! I'll check my wrist size immediately and measure the straps i currently have. About the pressure tests though, I went to a few different watch shops, but none of them seemed to be able to do any pressure tests. I actually rang a few stores, and the only store that had a pressure tester didn't want to test my watch out of fear that it might become damaged. Their exact words are "I'm sorry, we can't test your watch because we don't have any replacement parts for it in case it breaks". :/

Hendricks

Welcome H3X4GON

Raises interesting point regarding water activities with our watches. Showering is actually a lot worse than a swim. Steam is a gas. Even a water tight watch can be gas permeable.

kutitomi

BIG_0010920574.jpg

Talk about threadcrapping. First post too. :facepalm:

Welcome OP! :)

You'll need to have the watch pressure tested and waterproofed. Most shopping centers have small watchsmiths willing to do that work.

mi van?