Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

How much have you spent on your current collection of replicas?

AllergyDoc

At one time I had 25-30 watches. Now I'm down to 10. (Not counting 3 Invictas and some other cheapo gens.)

375 + 340 + 300 + 208 + 155 + 190 + 230 + 1050 (Egads! BestSwiss) + 293 + 210 = $3,351

The BestSwiss was a ball-buster.

I have a Getat 127 homage coming, but as it's not here yet I don't have to count it.

Oh, I forgot a Goreplica watch I bought for $1,000. It's sitting in the watch drawer because the gold flaked off the band a month after I got the watch. THAT was when I realized I had been scammed and found RWG.

Silverspeed

I don't know preciously but my current collection.....

1:1 Santos, AP ROO, PWC Santos, Santos TT, Vac IWC BP, IWC Ingy, PAM127, 183, 229, 243, Daytona, SSD, DSSD, blue Sub, at least 2 other subs....I'd say around $7.5k

plus an AP ROO + breitling b01 on the way...oh and numerous strap, tools, watchboxes

midasmook

According to my wife 'Too Fuckin' much'.

spboudart

An average of 250$ per watch X 20 = 5K

dingle

not enough....yet. :giggle:

JoeyB

I'm at just about $1,000. It's soon to be more. I might build a Getat later this year, but I'm pretty much happy with what I have now.

Uhren

:D That's exactly what my wife tells me!

ebzen02

;) That's exactly what my wife tells me!

+1... I don't get it. Doesn't she realize the it makes me so happy (bordering on euphoria) when I get a new one.. Isn't that what love is about-- being selfless and wanting the other person to be happy. I try to tell her that, but she just doesn't understand.. Guess that's why I sneak one here and one there. She always finds out and bitches me out. But, I could not be happier with another woman.. She is the best :D :blue-screen-of-death:

greg_r

A quick tot-up gets me to about $2300 (14 watches). Not including my three budget gens, straps, watchboxes or the watches I bought for the wife.

I started collecting again about two years ago after a gap of almost 6 years, so that works out at around $100 per month. Not including the watches I sold on. A little painful, but not completely out of control.. :D

ebzen02

Oh and back to my tally:

1 Swiss Day Date Waterproofed (any body wants to buy?? PM) $300, 1 Swiss Datejust $250, 1 PAM 005 $260, 1 Vac PAM 212 (Sell the dial, the watch is pretty much dead) $400, 1 UN Chronometer $180, 1 IWC BP 5002 $220 = More than I like to know, less than most.. I am just starting. This is over 3 years of collecting. Haven't sold one yet but wanting to get rid of some just to lazy to sell..

jmd33
+1... I don't get it. Doesn't she realize the it makes me so happy (bordering on euphoria) when I get a new one.. Isn't that what love is about-- being selfless and wanting the other person to be happy. I try to tell her that, but she just doesn't understand.. Guess that's why I sneak one here and one there. She always finds out and bitches me out. But, I could not be happier with another woman.. She is the best

I wish my wife gave a flying shit what makes me happy - so I try to horde some cash to give her when she sees the CC bill - lol. [plus I buy her something shiny every now and again]

Just kidding - she is actually okay with it (and she buys me gens for Christmas, etc...). So, I can't really complain.

I buy 21j's - and I'm in about $2k or less.

Edited by jmd33

ebzen02
+1... I don't get it. Doesn't she realize the it makes me so happy (bordering on euphoria) when I get a new one.. Isn't that what love is about-- being selfless and wanting the other person to be happy. I try to tell her that, but she just doesn't understand.. Guess that's why I sneak one here and one there. She always finds out and bitches me out. But, I could not be happier with another woman.. She is the best

I wish my wife gave a flying shit what makes me happy - so I try to horde some cash to give her when she sees the CC bill - lol. [plus I buy her something shiny every now and again]

Just kidding - she is actually okay with it (and she buys me gens for Christmas, etc...). So, I can't really complain.

I buy 21j's - and I'm in about $2k or less.

Don't think that'll work. She hates the fact that they are replicas and not the real deal. I find the argument irrelevant. What I try to convince her of is that it is an object [watch] that I love- whether or not is a gen or a rep is besides the point. I enjoy every time I strap one on (a watch that is) and see how nice it looks-- I brings a smile to my face.

Now, I bought her a LV Monogram from Fabaaa (thing looks smack!) and she loves it and wears it with pride. Yet, I buy a watch and she bitches at me. Besides that she is the perfect wife/mother.

Edited by ebzen02

KBH

My quick tally is about $7k. But that includes 3 ultra franken DJs. An SSD with gen bezel insert and pearl, 2 WM9 Subs (one gen dial), Ultra modded 1665, and a Vintage Daytona 6263 with Swiss Eta 7750 and lots of gen Rolex parts. Several other high end 7750 chronos that have had full service by Speedy or Rex.

I'm slowly weeding out the regular reps and keeping the super ones.

graman

I don't spend that much on myself....

Have my 127, 212, an Omega seamaster bond anniversary (given to me broken, and fixed by me) and my 3717 Laureus.

I spend about 200 - 250 per watch on average, and one per year....2008 I didn't buy a watch at all.

In it now for about...ooo....1K?

This is mostly due to not having the cash to throw around, but my wife is also an influence.

Still...I've bought a Getat 111 and a Chanel J12, AND a BP for my Dad in the last 12 months....

That puts it up a bit...

ebzen02

If I can get away with 2 per year I am happy.. I am on the list for a BK SSD, but I paid it in full last year--the way things are going I might get it just before the world ends.. My wife approved of this one because her dad got in on the deal.

onzenuub

About 1600 $$, one of them was for the missus, so I am safe. :D

lildaddym

I just received my second rep a couple of days ago...now I have two B & R 01-94's...otherwise, I have a Timex Expedition Chronograph my wife got me for my anniversary present a couple of years ago. She's got a good number of watches herself, most of them Mickey Mouse themed. I've spent about $350 so far.

I once owned a gen Porsche Design Chronograph, self-winding, very similar to this: http://www.historyuncovered.org/inventory/.../DSC02165-2.JPG :D

Edited by lildaddym

Fiddo

Lets' see. I have about 20 working watches in my collection.I also have another 4-5 non-working watches in the collection that I basically turned into parts donors.

So, let's say the average cost is about $120 each. 25 x $120 = $250.00. That's not much really! Only $250! I think I should go ahead a pick up a couple more, now!

KBH

Damn Fiddo, I wish I'd used your math. I feeling a little sad about how much I've spend. It was better when I didn't think about it. I didn't even count all the ones that I've bought and then sold at a loss.

GC

If we are talking strait reps... $355

If we are talk'n homage & reps... $700

If we are talk'n all watches... $2500

Member X

I want to work this out but I think I'll cry if I do :bcake: lol

sconehead

$3280 on reps, $4000 on gens and $1000+ on parts and movements since November 2007...that's the stuff I can remember about...and I've got an awful memory...

Mind you, if I wasn't spending it on watches I'd be blowing it on something else instead...:bcake:

jmd33
Lets' see. I have about 20 working watches in my collection.I also have another 4-5 non-working watches in the collection that I basically turned into parts donors.

So, let's say the average cost is about $120 each. 25 x $120 = $250.00. That's not much really! Only $250! I think I should go ahead a pick up a couple more, now!

That's the way to use the new math!!!!!

hmmmmm..........[thinking of ways to teach my wife the new math......hmmmmm........]

NFleischer

ouch doc! you got me bad. I have bought more than 50 reps @ $300 or so each= 15K

plus 18-20 gens including girlfriend = 30K

so over the last 20 years of watch collecting roughly 50K!!!@#%%$

Holy Crap I'm Done!

phaedo

8 watches, grand total of about $2400. Add in another $300 or so on straps, watch box etc. Not too bad for 3.5 years, but then I am like Graman, don't currently have a lot of money to throw about at things just yet. I should think about selling some, only been wearing the one for the last 4 months now.