Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Is it just me.... or do you guys find it difficult to buy only one watch at any given time...?

greg_r

It's odd. I manage to restrain myself from buying a watch for two or three months, but then I can't resist buying three or four watches in fairly rapid succession...

Last November I started off with a Big Egi, then bought Getat PVD Fiddy homage and segued to the Mini Egi (admittedly paid for by the sale of the Big Egi) and a 288.

Earlier last year it was my 183 rapidly followed by the Ultimate Fiddy and two Getat Radiomirs

This time I decided it was going to be different. I hung on a bit longer because I wanted to buy an SOH which was a bit more expensive than 'impulse buy' level. I finally bought it, and that was going to be it for a couple of months. Then Silver ambushed me with the UN and I unexpectedly find myself seriously considering buying a second BR02 (SS model this time) and a PAM305 homage from Jackson Tse (the latter will, I think, be my last PAM for quite a while - there's nothing else that's really attracting my attention at the moment).

Not to mention that I want a couple of IWCs and a Cartier Santos now (haven't quite worked out which ones yet, so I'm safe for a while...) I also need to sell some watches before buying more... lol

Somebody lock me up, please - I'm dangerous.

:itchyandscratchy:

oscarmadfish

i am very controled and never buy on impulse :itchyandscratchy::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy:

greg_r

LOL - yes, I realise you have the same problem, Oscar. Hell, you're worse than I am! :itchyandscratchy:

Silverspeed

Ordering one watch...usually leads to ordering more watches the same or next day

and then realising you maybe have too much...so you'll sell a few of them...and think all is good...

then you realize you actually really like the watches you just sold (like a certain UN :rofl: ) ....to compensate for the sold watches you order a few new ones.... :itchyandscratchy:

greg_r

So it's not just me. Good. :itchyandscratchy:

At least I haven't (yet) sold a watch and then gone out and bought another identical one. I suspect it's only a matter of time, though - there's a couple I wish I hadn't sold.... :rofl:

Oddly, the only ones I have that I now think I probably shouldn't have bought are the gens... Go figure...

graman

Oh please!

You have an addiction.

You'll be going to Watch-whore's anonymous soon......

No...I don't suffer from this...I wish I did, but fortunately, no.

greg_r

I can quit any time I like. Honest *twitch* :itchyandscratchy:

graman
I can quit any time I like. Honest *twitch* :itchyandscratchy:

*ssnneeeerrrrrk*...sure you can!

Truly......I believe you...now..put the knife down.............

trailboss99

No problem at all.

'cause the reason being that I'm flat out affording one ATM. That does make it somewhat easier.

Col.

graman

What Col said...

dingle

soon it will be, soon.......:itchyandscratchy:

KBH

I've replaced one addiction with another. For years I built my own computers and every month I found myself needing a new video card, more memory, upgraded processor, new motherboard, etc. I always had to be at the top of the curve with the latest technology.

Now, other than a new DVD, I'm still using two 4 and 5 year old IBM Thinkpads with P4 chips. They've been upgraded as far as they will go.

Lately I've been getting a little twitchy though. I've been wondering if a new motherboard will fit in the old IBM box.......

greg_r

:itchyandscratchy:

Yeah - done that too. At one point I had 8 computers of various types (Macs, Windows, Sun, SGI) all doing various different jobs. We're down to three now, fortunately (all Macs). Prior to that it was audio and early vinyl records (late 50s-early 60s jazz & classical).

My problem is that my watch addiction pales into insignificance by comparison with my book addiction... I'm not gonna tell you how much the books are worth, but it's seriously, desperately, terminally scary :rofl:

At least they're a good investment (or so I keep telling the wife :rofl: ). She tells me I'm a serial collector. She's not wrong...

Member X

Just make sure the books are individually listed and insured on a like-for-like basis! lol

I think collecting is a male thing only - how many women feel the need to have things they don't necessarily want but need to make a collection complete? :) (magazines, CDs of one artist, model trains, Panerais... ;))

alvinado

you are not alone!

greg_r
Just make sure the books are individually listed and insured on a like-for-like basis! lol

I think collecting is a male thing only - how many women feel the need to have things they don't necessarily want but need to make a collection complete? :) (magazines, CDs of one artist, model trains, Panerais... ;))

Oh, I forgot the trains. Mind you, the wife likes those... :Doh:

Yes, the books are insured - like-for-like is kinda difficult when some of 'em are 400 years old, though ;)

Luthier
Somebody lock me up, please - I'm dangerous.

:)

Your wife, maybe...?

;)

Or you hide your buying mania from her?

;)

greg_r

I hide nothing from my wife. She's okay with my collections :)

KBH
I think collecting is a male thing only - how many women feel the need to have things they don't necessarily want but need to make a collection complete? :)

You're forgetting about purses, shoes, and jewelery

greg_r

+1

My wife also collects cookery books.

And shoes

And clothes

And more shoes

And jewelry

And yet more shoes

And handbags

AAAAAAND Watches (she currently has 7 or 8 - only a couple of which are reps)

She's also been known to buy model trains on occasion... :)

andy66

In 6 months theres only been one week when i havent had something on order,lol.

What makes it worse is my lass has started to look and now SHEs got a list..........to go with her shoes and handbags lists.

killgarh

One day someone asked me "why do you own so many watches ?"

I thought this person was dumb.....if we go this way why do I have more than one shirt ? maybe two, for cleaning purpose...but no need to own more than 3 !!!

No folks we are not crazy...they others always are !!!

Luto

find it very difficult to keep my mind focussed. just when i thought i bought the best watch I'l ever want i see something else that takes my fancy. I've gone from Rolex daytona to submariner to panerai to iwc aquatimers to iwc pilots to chopard mille miglia's to jlc master compressor diving gmt to a g-shock and back to JLC again!