Sign in to follow this  
stenchlord

What size is your wrist?

stenchlord

Until recently I hadn't worn a watch since back when I was in school and ever since going back to wearing watches I've stuck with leather and nato/nylon bands.

So I've never had to measure my wrist size before. I recently contacted Reg to purchase a Submariner off him (my first rep) and it comes with a stainless steel band so figured I should measure my wrist to check. Turns out I've got an 8inch wrist which from what I understand is pretty damn large.

Made me wonder what everyone else's wrist size was.

(not sure if this is the right forum to be posting in or if this should go in General Discussion, I also did a search for this subject but couldn't find anything).

Edited by stenchlord

LightGeek

I see this is just a thread to boast about your big wrist :)

HeavyKrush

7-1/4" to 7-3/8" here.

I see this is just a thread to boast about your big wrist :)
Ugh... Hook, line, and sinker.

P4GTR

7.25-7.5 depending on how fat I am that day.

8" is big. High 6's to low 7's seems to be the average wrist size in inches.

BaggyPants

8"

Omega bracelets fit me just right, so I can get one finger under them easily, with no links removed at all, almost all NATO straps have to be on the next to last hole, and standard leather straps fit rather too snuggly :(

Realism

So does size matter?

stenchlord

Wow you're all so fast to reply.

As for boasting lol. I wouldn't consider it boasting since I don't like that I have such a large wrist :( I'd much prefer if it was 7-7.5" specially considering I like my watch loose (enough to squeeze my finger under the band like BaggyPants has mentioned).

jeffrx

about 7.5

fatarms

about 7.5

same

BaggyPants

No boasting involved. It's a chuffing PITA!

I'm 6ft 2in tall, so finding jeans in the right length was nearly impossible as a kid, buying guitar straps is bloody ridiculous, because they're all made for dwarves, unless you like your Les Paul under your chin, and I'm a size 62 head, so baseball caps fit at a push at their largest setting, and buying decent hats is an online only process because no one stocks anything bigger than a 56/57. I bought my last hat, an Akubra, from Australia by internet, because it was the only place I could find the thing in stock in a size 62!

Bigger is by no means better :(

fatarms

Well, since you're kind of new, you may not know about the m2m sections (member to member sales).

Not everyone has the monster wrists you do, most fall in the 7 inch or so range. Therefore, reg's submariner will require one or two links removed to fit the average wrist size, this is where the m2m comes into play.

You can ask for links in the m2m parts section, people may sell you their extra links for a few bucks and you should only need two or maybe three to make it fit an 8 inch wrist. Since those bracelets are so common, it should be pretty simple to find a couple guys willing to part with their spare links and you'll be all set.

James.

Luth; 17"

the rest of us "norms" i'd say between 6.5 - 7.5

I personally have not measured but using a guestimate from the watch i'm wearing now, 7.5

fatarms

This thread made me actually measure mine :lol: I always thought I had about a 7 - 7 1/4, turns out I'm a 7 1/2. Woo.

fetasigma

I am right with you at the 8 inches....I have to get extra links or xl bands for most of my reps.....

BigBuys

Down from 8.25 to a more agreeable 8.1

fetasigma

my wrist is all bone....lol no shrinking for me

Bluejuzuk

About 7" here

Xebryus

8 inches here

Luthier

8,5", so what?

:P

stenchlord

Sucks that I might need to source extra links for any SS band watch I get but I guess that's the price I have to pay for having such a large wrist :(

Glad there are enough of you out there that I can get information from more learned people. I think I'll just have to wait and see how the watch fits, worst comes to worst and I'll throw one of my nato bands on the watch, I prefer them mostly cause they've been the most comfortable for me.

For an 8" wrist though I personally think a 40mm watch is the lowest I'd want to go. I have a Seiko 5 which is 37mm and I think it looks way too small on my wrist whereas I think my 40mm Orient looks great.

KeNnY

17,5 cm

Timebandit

8,5"

That was the reason why I started with strapmaking :lol:

Greetz

Uwe

Kiwibob

Well I used to think I had quite small wrists but at 7.5" it seems I'm average :)

SliceMaster

BigsCG

8.5" here. And I must say, the larger wrists can pull off some of the better watches! I love my DSSD just b/c it has the expandable divers bracelet for perfect fit.

Also, there was someone who thought he had a 10" wrist. Turns out it was only 9.5 after he measured. So by that standard... you, sir, have a Tiny wrist.