Sign in to follow this  
sirsemega

New and finally coping with realistic colecting expectations

sirsemega

Hey all!

Found this forum after spending the last year on watchuseek drooling over watches that I could never afford, and even if I did, I don't think I would spend that much money in good conscience for a watch unless I was really in the money.

Started with a Movada a few years ago and liked it because it was slim and a dress watch, but after a few mone watches I started getting into mechanicals. I jumped on a Seiko Orange Monster, and love it. The sweep of the second hand really is a joy to watch. So while lusting after Speedmasters, and Subs, my budget and eyes went towards cheaper automatics. I picked up a Vostock Amphibie Scuba-Dude and then looked at the loose affiliation of the Chinese small shop dealers that carry the brand name Parnis. I picked one of those up, an IWC portugese, looked at Seagull's and Alphas and then wanted a PO homage, the Parnis dealer responded back with the option to brand it with Omega, instead of having no brand on it, as he said that wasn't available/in stock. I said whatever, and then started looking at reps.

I joined up while researching puretimewatch and have since changed my mind about doing business with them - thanks to posts here.

Looking forward to rounding out my collection with a few reps of watches I lust after!

jeffw69

Welcome!

AS90

So what do you lust after?

HeavyKrush

Hello and welcome S. Whats on your short list?

mikejones

Bk really has some nice watches , wow.

HeavyKrush
Bk really has some nice watches , wow.
Yep!

Sparkal

Welcome chief!

I am not sure if there are any left but sounds like a rwg watch by Luth ticks a few boxes for you. Gen, and my how it is a looker!

sirsemega

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Short list:

a GMT, probably a Pepsi Rolex

Omega Speedmaster

I like some of the IWC's but I have a small wrist (well 20 years ago it was a normally sized wrist!)

Like the Daytona's but have heard there's issues witht he chrono functions if not in the 9 o'clock position

My chinese movement watch is pretty impressive given the price point (seagull movement but have heard Parnis scrape the bottom end of the barrel of QC seagull movements)

I have lusted after Bremont, but I don't think anyone is making rep of them yet.

Planet Ocean rep (Parnis) is in the mail...