Sign in to follow this  
nikos1

rep sub restoration

nikos1

In 2005 I purchased a submariner from bestswiss. The company still exists but uses a different mail

The watch was expensive and looked very nice compared to cheaper models. I was able to swim. The second year the bracelet (the gold middle part) broke 2 times due to corrosion. I changed the band with another one which was bought from e bay. Unfortunally under certain lighting condition the band didn’t do the job also aged rapidly.

On the other hand the bezel insert acquired minor scratches, all the rest is in good working order

The watch has a yellow dial, you can see it on

www.swissscammers.ass

Since I plan to restore it I would appreciate an answer on the following questions

1 this half tone model is seen mainly on rep sites, did it ever exist officially?

2 if I buy a bezel insert from the internet will I face size problem?

Thank you

onionbag

Hello and welcome. ;)

Forget about restoring this watch, buy a new one from one of our Trusted Dealers.

Don't throw good money after bad.

PS. Some pics of your actual watch would be interesting.

solkryssare

Link to scam site has been removed. We don't want to direct any traffic their way

olly593

Hello and welcome, +1 to what onionbag said.

I'm sorry but it may seem you were ripped off,there's no such thing as a Swiss made rep and its probably not worth restoring, you can buy a top quality sub off one of your trusted dealers for under $300 easy.

nikos1

thank you for your answer, a replacement bezel is 14 $ and a bracelet which I allready ordered is 43 $ I hate to have things that are not in working order, Yes I would buy other watches as well since I am a fan but at least this minimal work will be done