Sign in to follow this  
Roland1

Is this a pretty "close" rep? Pro Hunter Deep Sea PVD Black Swiss 2836

Roland1

Hey guys. im about to pull the trigger on a 2 watch purchase from Mary. One being the Omega planet ocean seamaster black dial orange bezel on metal bracelet w 2836 mvmt.

and the other i am leaning towards the Rolex pro hunter deep sea dweller PVD black with 2836 mvmt as well. its the all black rolex listed in marys subforum.

how close to the gen is this clone? im not much of a rolex buff but i really like the watch. i WOULD consider a different style or model of the sea dweller though if this pro hunter is not very close to the genuine.

id like to order these watches soon, very soon. so hopefully someone has some insight for me! thanks guys!

GC

Here is a gen pic of the Jaques Picard LE

single-red-deepsea-rolex-sea-dweller-watch.jpg

and a brief write up on them:

A pretty cool aftermarket line of timepieces based on the new Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller watch. To be clear, these watches are not affiliated with Rolex, but merely are an aftermarket modification. These Jaques Picard SingleRed DeepSea limited edition of 86 piece watches take the new Rolex DeepSea watches, add a red colored DeepSea title (similar to very rare vintage models of the Rolex Submariner with red text), cover them in a diamond like carbon (DLC) coating, and place a special engraving on the caseback. There is also a special case, NATO strap in addition to the DLC coated steel metal bracelet and a book by Jacques Picard ( who was a prominent Belgian ocean explorer and researcher).

SingleRedDS100LR.jpg

The 86 piece run corresponds to how old Jaques Picard was when he died. A portion of each SingleRed DeepSea watch sold will go to the preservation of the "Jaques Picard Archive." The reason I discuss this interesting limited line of modified Rolex watches is because it is for some people, the perfect Rolex Sea-Dweller watch. DLC is a popular ultra-hard coating that is incredibly scratch resistant and retains a healthy sheen on its surface. Applied over the new several mile deep diving Sea-Dweller, you have a bona bide holy grail Rolex for watch lovers world-wide. Price is 12,900 Euros, shipped from The Netherlands.

1237389777.jpg

Roland1

thanks for the info, its your writeup thats making me ponder another model. i really dont like the fact that the first giveaway is the non bevelled date window on the rep!!!

are there many other flaws?

GC

and foe what it's worth, there is also a Double Red version which is 1 of 100 made...

pic of gen

ds.jpg

hope that helps

GC

Roland1

guys im concearned with the black coating. very much so. i dont want the watch getting scratched and having silver slits and marks all over the place.

NEVERMINDDD......my final order is the deep sea dweller ss black dial with the 3135 asian clone movement. and of course the omega too. : )

greg_r

Enjoy!

Don't forget to post pics when they arrive :angrymob:

KBH

It may be too late but I wouldn't personally pay a nickel extra for the 3135 clone movement.

First, no one will ever see it, and second, it's already developed a reputation for being rather troublesome. If I were you, I'd try to have Mary get you the same watch with the standard eta clone movement. You'll save $100 and have a much more reliable movement.

Member X

+1 on that comment, from what I've read!

Roland1

Mary has suggested i use the 2836 in both watches. as do you guys. shes just working on sourcing the very exact rep of the omega, i doubt itd be too hard, seems like a high end rep.

EMS shipping too! ive paid more money for a wittenauer with quartz movement than ive paid for these two watches!

greg_r

Great to hear! :D

I'm sure you'll be delighted with both watches.

prestigewatchco

Make sure you get planet ocean with correct text most have the wrong text and too close to the 6. there is no need to pay more than $179 for correct planet ocean clone dont buy into all the "Ultimate' BS and pay more it's the same watch

andy66

+1 Robert.

there was alot of posts over on RWI about the so called ultimate POs,

Make sure you check the text mate cos it will bug you alot more than a DW.......

I dont buy into all this ultimate shit either!!!!!