Sign in to follow this  
HeavyKrush

No date ceramic sub from Reg...

HeavyKrush

A quick review and a couple quick iPhone shots of my no date sub I picked up from Reg (Narikaa). I'll post a better spread later, (though this watch already has pretty good coverage here already).

After I toasted my last date sub, I was concerned I wouldn't like a no-date, but at a great price from Reg thought I'd give it a whirl. In hindsight it was a pretty good move for a watch in this price range as I don't have any of the issues with the date, cyclops, or crystal alignment.

The Movement is 21J @18,800 21,600 bph with typical sweep for a 21J.

Edit: Doh! What a rookie mistake... 21,600 BPH not 18,800.

This is without a doubt the most accurate mechanical watch I own. It has not lost or gained a full second after 24 hours of wear!

The dial is great. 12:00 triangle and coronet line up perfectly even under the loupe. The rehaut coronet also lines up well. The etched crystal coronet is the only off item on the entire watch and certainly a non-issue for me.

The bezel insert is great. I just love the polish and crispness of ceramic. The 120 click bezel is solid but has an light intermediate click between full clicks. Again, not an issue for me as the tightness of the bezel more than makes up for this one shortcoming.

The bracelet is awesome and the Glidlock is spot on and functions well. The keeper clasp is perfect and is also aligned well.

Lume is about right for a watch in this price range.

For roughly $150 shipped this watch is a true no-brainer for anyone looking to get a toe into the Rolex Submariner scene.

On to the pics...

40d47581ab09e518b00056dfd919cdbb_zps4a59e9d7.jpg

5bfec4e3dc0460c7e01727ef270fa631_zpsc8f77192.jpg

fe0996e2e0e75e05f03a8f1bc69987e1_zps2ab90548.jpg

1littlegreen

Looks sharp Greg!

Reg has good stuff, wear it well

HeavyKrush

Thanks Kevin.

Martinjogs

Nice pics and a good looking rep, I've got one on order from Reg, so these pics have whetted the appetite.

Enjoy your watch!!

Martinjog

SSTEEL

Thanks for sharing your experience my friend, as always, it is valuable, informative, and to the point, which I and I'm sure many other will appreciate. Reg is a TD I am looking into dealing with in the near future. Currently I'm dealing with Andrew, and also planning on trying out Tony, at asian7750 for my next rep as Tony has some great feedback too.

HeavyKrush

Thanks M and S. Really digging this watch. Other than the sweep, really can't imagine how this watch could get much better. Really glad I went with the no-date version. Very clean, elegant design.

Sjors

wow, it is seriously a good looking watch! Can't wait till i get mine :) just a few days, till i get it! :D

CAN'T WAIT!!! :chatty::lol:

Dr. Jimmy

Is this Reg's Thai sub?

solkryssare

Very good looking no date!

HeavyKrush
Is this Reg's Thai sub?
Yep.

Bash64

Nice review HK. I have this one from Reg and couldn't agree with you more. It is a very nice piece!

Banner

As a new member, I am intrigued by the appearances of the watches. I once bought a few from a friend who just came back from China

And use them as gifts, never keeping one as I had watches that I wore exclusively then. What I want to know, other than water depth ratings, do these hold up as in a rotation wearing time pice. I have hard of hands falling off Invictas and makers off

Found the forum

By accident, looking into a watch brand Robert. Anyone know of them

Dr. Jimmy
Is this Reg's Thai sub?
Yep.

Just checking. I've got one myself, wearing it right now as a mater of fact. Ridiculously good watch for the money. The sweep is actually 21,600 I believe, which bugs me but I suppose no one else would notice. Swap the fat hour hand for a correct thin one and do a bezel paint mod and it's a keeper.

Sjors
Is this Reg's Thai sub?
Yep.

Just checking. I've got one myself, wearing it right now as a mater of fact. Ridiculously good watch for the money. The sweep is actually 21,600 I believe, which bugs me but I suppose no one else would notice. Swap the fat hour hand for a correct thin one and do a bezel paint mod and it's a keeper.

About the 21.600 bph, you mean the sweep of it goes a bit slow compared to the gen?

HeavyKrush
Is this Reg's Thai sub?
Yep.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, 21,600 not 18,800. Corrected.

Dr. Jimmy
Is this Reg's Thai sub?
Yep.

About the 21.600 bph, you mean the sweep of it goes a bit slow compared to the gen?

Exactly. I'd say it's not noticeable unless looking at it close up.

Sjors

Still waiting for mine to arive... :unsure:

SSTEEL

When did you make your purchase out of curiosity? I'm starting to get worried, even though I know I shouldn't lol

Sjors

When did you make your purchase out of curiosity? I'm starting to get worried, even though I know I shouldn't lol

on 1 february, I know the track and trace is like asking a dog drive a car, It's crap... but if i check the track&trace it says the package arrived at GB 10 days ago

Edited by grsj

SSTEEL

on 1 february, I know the track and trace is like asking a dog drive a car, It's crap... but if i check the track&trace it says the package arrived at GB 10 days ago

You had your QC photos already then I take it?

I'm yet to receive mine.

Sjors

I'm yet to receive mine.

Nope didn't have QC pics

SSTEEL

I'm yet to receive mine.

Nope didn't have QC pics

Strange. Where you promised QC photos to be emailed to you? I was.

Sjors

I'm yet to receive mine.

Nope didn't have QC pics

Nope, i only thought they would send QC pics if it is expensive rep,

SSTEEL

I'm yet to receive mine.

Nope didn't have QC pics

So you got your tracking number instead? My rep purchase was only $138, so not that pricey, but I was informed to expect my QC photos when CNY ended, but nothing as of yet. I have been putting of emailing Andrew, giving him chance to catch up, but upon reading other customers receiving their watches purchased after my order, I'm starting to get a little concerned to be honest.

Sjors

I'm yet to receive mine.

Nope didn't have QC pics

So you got your tracking number instead? My rep purchase was only $138, so not that pricey, but I was informed to expect my QC photos when CNY ended, but nothing as of yet. I have been putting of emailing Andrew, giving him chance to catch up, but upon reading other customers receiving their watches purchased after my order, I'm starting to get a little concerned to be honest.

You know this is a topic about a Submariner(no date) from Reg, right?

Anyway, Yeah i got my tracking number, but i discovered here on the forum that the Track&Trace isn't really reliable. So i didn't pay attention to the tracking, but after a while i just was curious so i tracked it, saying it arrived GB on the 13th of february, so that's 10 days ago.

Yeah i understand, maybe you can post a topic in the feedback of the TD, or just send him a mail or something.