Sign in to follow this  
dog3

Pam 111 noob v3 qc from torro

dog3

Hi all,

V excited about this, but should I push back on swan neck screw, clearly a little on the short side. Fonts on numerical looks ok. Lume looks good. Anything I am missing?

image_zpsee48d475.jpg

image_zps719ac45e.jpg

image_zps8b95da35.jpg

image_zpsd76e55a1.jpg

image_zps037ef325.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance. Dog.

midasmook

Swan neck screw short, ffs it's only fit for the bin.

Freepower

Look good !

houndoggie

QC pics are brand new?

dog3
QC pics are brand new?

Apparently so.

Thanks for the other replies. Regarding swan screw, I guess it's just that you see plenty of reps without this issue, it makes you wonder whether to push to resolve, but given that I accept no y inca bloc etc. as its a rep I guess I should just chill. I jus get into research frenzy!

dog3
Swan neck screw short, ffs it's only fit for the bin.

/sarcasm :)

houndoggie
QC pics are brand new?

Apparently so.

Thanks for the other replies. Regarding swan screw, I guess it's just that you see plenty of reps without this issue, it makes you wonder whether to push to resolve, but given that I accept no y inca bloc etc. as its a rep I guess I should just chill. I jus get into research frenzy!

like you got the email today?

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CNY CU LATER

Xebryus

Time to start emailing Toro. His nails look shorter. Thank God it's coming to an end.

dog3

Hi. Yes started getting responses at the weekend, and then qc got sent today.

acid_luving

R u sure its the PAM 111 V3 and not a PAM 111 beginners. I would double check with toro as the swan neck really bothers

HWG

V excited about this, but should I push back on swan neck screw, clearly a little on the short side.

Nope! ;)

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=14317

+1 million guys, you are buying a rep.... IMO this is the wrong use of QC pics, and if this keeps up, I would be surprised if dealers continue to offer QC pics at all.

dog3

V excited about this, but should I push back on swan neck screw, clearly a little on the short side.

Nope! ;)

+1 million guys, you are buying a rep.... IMO this is the wrong use of QC pics, and if this keeps up, I would be surprised if dealers continue to offer QC pics at all.

I'd agree if I was asking about Y shaped incabloc, but with a v3 noob shouldn't the swan neck screw be better? If dealers charge a premium for rep x vs. rep y then it is a fair use of qc pics to confirm that you are getting what you paid for.

But I am a noob in all this, so I am probably wrong!

dog3

Btw. Have asked torro to progress with the order as of last night.

But the comment did make me release that I am not really certain how to spot the variances between a v3 and a beginners! I know some of the items - etched v engraved serial numbers, pre v hands, squarer Cg. But to be honest I couldn't spot them without help.

Have searched but is there any easy guide out there? I know that some responses will say that if you can't tell then don't worry, but if you pay 130 premium for something then it is nice to know that you have got what you paid for.

When it arrives is there an easy way to tell?

Realism

the same way when purchasing a gen.... research should be done by the buyer... if you can't spot it... learn it...

dog3
the same way when purchasing a gen.... research should be done by the buyer... if you can't spot it... learn it...

I'm trying, but learning is difficult without teachers!

HWG

This. and therefore do not post QC pics for the members to spot it for you... if you cant tell, then either you learn it, or enjoy it. Remember this is a rep... it will never be gen, so enjoy it for what it is.

I'm trying, but learning is difficult without teachers!

so ask questions and do research without getting to the QC phase of the purchase process.... you were shown a link what QC pics are for.

dog3

Hi,

Yes I have done research, for about a month, looked into various brands, then Various pams, found out about incablocs! Seen strange shaped twos, and found out about noob factory, h factory etc. it's a big complex area, and its amazing how quickly you get drawn in - hence the upgraded strap etc.

I was just reflecting on the psychology of it, I traded up to this super rep, I think I know why, but actually I can't tell from those pics!

I just thought that this question is likely to have been asked an infuriating amount of times before, so maybe it old be answered easily. I have searched, but can't find the answer, which is surprising considering I can find guides on how to change an incabloc!

Crusader

Btw. Have asked torro to progress with the order as of last night.

But the comment did make me release that I am not really certain how to spot the variances between a v3 and a beginners! I know some of the items - etched v engraved serial numbers, pre v hands, squarer Cg. But to be honest I couldn't spot them without help.

Have searched but is there any easy guide out there? I know that some responses will say that if you can't tell then don't worry, but if you pay 130 premium for something then it is nice to know that you have got what you paid for.

When it arrives is there an easy way to tell?

Usually the crown is better on Noob compared to the begginer. Nicer finish, more precise cuts on the inside.

The font on the dial is a bit thinner on begginer.

Not a lot of diffrences, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart just like that, that's why I would go for begginer, just IMO. Your QC looks good, so enjoy the wait :lol: Maybe even start searching for nice, handmade strap to add to the asso.

houndoggie

adjust swan neck to push dagger to touch screw. done.

UmpaHimself

Nope! ;)

+1

dog3

Hi all. Just to let you know that the watch arrived today and it looks great!

I am on holiday soon, but will post some photos when I get back.

The swan neck screw looks fine in real life! It looks like its touching, no gap noticeable at all!

All in all a good service from torro. Shipping was v quick, comms was a bit hit and miss, but no big issues.

Thanks all.

ALE7575

Hi all. Just to let you know that the watch arrived today and it looks great!

I am on holiday soon, but will post some photos when I get back.

The swan neck screw looks fine in real life! It looks like its touching, no gap noticeable at all!

All in all a good service from torro. Shipping was v quick, comms was a bit hit and miss, but no big issues.

Thanks all.

This is the correct way !!

Enjoy your watch!

ALE