Sign in to follow this  
Goodreau

What is so special about pams?

Goodreau

They're fugly. Am I missing something or what?

kasper618

I LOVE my pams!

Realism

Why isn't this in General... strong language of hatred deserve to be made in General Discussion

Goodreau

I LOVE my pams!

But why? Is it simply because they strike you as a more professional, clean watch than a bulky, diving watch?

Why isn't this in General... strong language of hatred deserve to be made in General Discussion

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware this belonged in a certain section. Can a mod have it moved if possible? Sorry for the hassle. I still honestly would like to know why this watch is so popular.

Edited by Goodreau

toehh

What can you not like about this?

Panerai253-1.jpg

decus

Nope , either you like them or don't

Olly

They will grow on you, they're simplistic and elegant !

dvdphile

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! In other words, it's all subjective! Therefore, you are wrong!! They're gorgeous!! :giggle:

dalboy

Been in this hobby for donkey's year's ..

I always hated them..never understood them and just couldn't see the appeal.." Then " i bought one ..just curious..

Have to say that .most are a variation on the theme though..only a few worth having ..here's one ..and always my favorite and sooooo close to the Gen..

IMAG0498.jpg

Dal.

callsign21a

Buy one put it on then say wot's all the fuss about...................I too was a non PAM Man a 44mm in black you will never go back

fana05

a couple of weeks/months from now depending on the incubation time of the bug you'll have at least one Pam. I started out looking for "the best Sub" thinking Rolex was all the rage.. these days you could give me a Rolex and I wouldn't want it

Definitely not ugly though... and they're only fat if you have puny wrists. If you have Luthier's wrist size, a 44mm Pam will look like a lady's watch on you

Edited by fana05

Luthier

Panerai has 5-7 distinctive models, and they're beautiful. Rest - just repeating itself over and over again. With microscopic changes. The number of models is way over 500 now, and it's laughable. Sometimes it's like one number for the watch with steel bracelet, another number - for the same watch with leather strap. They even worse, than Hublot in this matter. But, as I said - 5-7 models are just "must to have" to every collector.

My personal preferences - 029, 090, 111, 127, 224, 253, 288, 386.

houndoggie
Panerai has 5-7 distinctive models, and they're beautiful. Rest - just repeating itself over and over again. With microscopic changes. The number of models is way over 500 now, and it's laughable. Sometimes it's like one number for the watch with steel bracelet, another number - for the same watch with leather strap. They even worse, than Hublot in this matter. But, as I said - 5-7 models are just "must to have" to every collector.

Every watch company is like that.

SliceMaster

Pams are UGLY period!!!

Luthier

Not really. Take Rolex, for example - DSSD, Sub, SD, DD, DJ, GMT, Explorer, Daytona, Milgauss, Cellini, Air King. Every model could be made from different metals, have different dial colors or hours markers, but, in general - it's the same names for these models. Maybe, I missed one-two, but these are most famous Rolex models.

Realism

Haters:

145_zps1b384218.jpg

houndoggie

Not really. Take Rolex, for example - DSSD, Sub, SD, DD, DJ, GMT, Explorer, Daytona, Milgauss, Cellini, Air King. Every model could be made from different metals, have different dial colors or hours markers, but, in general - it's the same names for these models. Maybe, I missed one-two, but these are most famous Rolex models.

Pam goes only by model number, so that us why there are so many.

Every different Rolex has a different model number, so without the names, it would be like PAM.

Take the omega planet ocean for example, every different size, dial, bezel, and strap combo is technically a different model.

lovewatches99

I used to thing Pam watches as ugly, but, for some models,the beauty is true.

obxross

I agree I don't like them

Goodreau

What can you not like about this?

Panerai253-1.jpg

Idk man, it just doesn't have the complexity that a sub offers.

Buy one put it on then say wot's all the fuss about...................I too was a non PAM Man a 44mm in black you will never go back

LOL.

a couple of weeks/months from now depending on the incubation time of the bug you'll have at least one Pam. I started out looking for "the best Sub" thinking Rolex was all the rage.. these days you could give me a Rolex and I wouldn't want it

Definitely not ugly though... and they're only fat if you have puny wrists. If you have Luthier's wrist size, a 44mm Pam will look like a lady's watch on you

The ONLY reason I wouldn't accept a Rolex is simply because I cannot pull it off. But then I was thinking, what if I just didn't care if people thought it was fake or not, it's for my preference and I would much rather spend $450 on a black submariner replica than spend $200 on some really ugly, bulky Nixon or Michael Kors watch. I think they're fantastic. If I can get my incoming BK Submariner to be waterproof, I'll be golden.

Yeah the amount I've seen is just ludacris, and I'm not an avid collector of PAMS, so I'm sure I haven't even seen the jist of it yet so to speak.

Pams are UGLY period!!!

Well said.

Bluejuzuk

I used to wonder what all the fuss was about with these PAM's at first. But I definitely believe they are a grower.

The more I look and read about them the better they look.

Quite fancy myself a black one on a tan strap now

Xebryus

They will certainly grow on you. I do agree that the amounts of models is ridiculous, but you'll find the variations that you prefer, and then it'll just be like a disease.

houndoggie

And actually PAM do have names but they general not used in lieu of the simple three number designation.

So luminor base is the model name and in this line you have ss, Ti, white dial, black dial, logo dial options, each with a different number.

Luthier

...with pig, without pig...

;)

Indigo38
I do agree that the amounts of models is ridiculous

they might have alot of models, but they still dont have what im looking for :P