Sign in to follow this  
jotun0881

Where did all the SMP reps go ?

jotun0881

Hi guys,

I was in the market for an SMP but I eventually ordered a PO from Rochest, this was my 2nd option.

He mentioned all SMPs (Chrono, regular, GMT) are out of stock for a long time...and he doesn't know when they'll be back.

Question is, if you have other insights : is it a production issue, aka they are ramping it up again after CNY ? Or perhaps they're working on the new Ceramic SMP's ? Or perhaps it's just Rochest that can't get them (that would be very strange) ?

Any insights appreciated, thanks.

jotun0881

Ok Rochest was kind enough to answer me the question, so if anyone is interested :

- the SMP Chrono will be in production again soon (no timelines available)

- The SMP GMT should be avoided at all costs (what a guy Rochest, insisting not to sell me a watch that looked good in pictures because he knows it's crapparoo in real life :thumbsup2: )

- No news about the regular SMP's - my gut feeling is that Cermic ones are in the works, but not confirmed.

Hope this helps someone !

-

fellowsis

- The SMP GMT should be avoided at all costs (what a guy Rochest, insisting not to sell me a watch that looked good in pictures because he knows it's crapparoo in real life :thumbsup2: )

Top marks for Rochest again!

Edited by fellowsis